Internship: Finance Analyst
Are you interested in getting experience in financial control and kick-start your career? Do you want to develop your interpersonal and analytical skills within a multinational corporation? Then join us as our new Finance Analyst Intern in our Brussels office, starting May 2021!
About the Job
We are looking for a new colleague one of our fastest growing divisions, Specialized Nutrition. You will join our Commercial Controlling Team in Brussels and you will work closely with the Senior Business Controller for Belgium. Your key tasks will focus on ensuring that sales related financial information is reliable and reflects up-to-date commitments, as well as budget monitoring and controlling.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Support for monthly closing activities, forecasting process
- Involved in building Business Cases for innovations (products, services, evidence)
- Build business partnership with Sales team by providing financial analysis
- Understand topline performance through ad hoc analysis and recommendations
- Ensure compliance of accounting and internal control rules
- Ad hoc requests for Brand & Customer strategic initiatives
- Participation in cross functional processes
In addition to this, there will be opportunities for you to get involved in ongoing projects within the department.
You are a Master’s student in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or another related field. You have a strong interest in Finance, specifically controlling. Previous experience is considered a plus. You are a self-starter with a can-do attitude. You are curious and have a solutions-oriented mindset. As you will work with diverse internal stakeholders and collaborate with other departments, you have good communication skills and you are able to challenge and influence people to bring your ideas through. In addition to this, you have good knowledge of Excel. Your analytical mindset helps you connect the details and interpret the information you are presented.
In addition to this, please make sure that you meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled as a student during the whole internship period(if you are a non-EU citizen, you must be enrolled at a university in Belgium);
- Your university must be able to provide an internship agreement (an agreement which you and Danone will sign regarding the terms of your internship, including liability insurance);
- Ideally available to start in May 2021 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are fluent in English - spoken and written; Dutch and/or French are considered as a plus;
- You are able to work from Brussels, Belgium if the COVID-19 situation allows us to go to the office.
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone Benelux meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
In the Topline Belgium team you will work with an open-minded group of people who will help you and challenge you to meet the high-standards of the position.
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
This internship is a great opportunity to learn about the controller job as a whole: become familiar with the finance tools (SAP, BPC, Excel, etc.), get an overall view on both past expenses and on the construction of future plans as well as build a strong professional network at Danone through the multiple stakeholders you'll be in touch with (Sales, Supply Chain, other Finance departments). You will enter an international team with diverse culture and background in a wide Benelux cluster: an excellent way to enrich your experience and grow!
Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Did we just describe you? Hit the “apply now” button! As we screen candidates on a regular basis we recommend you apply as soon as possible. The recruitment process for internships is as follows: Stage One – submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter; Stage Two – we will get to know you better through answering some questions which you will submit through video (or a written) format; Stage Three – we will invite you to an interview with your team. Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me.
* all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status