INTERNSHIP: LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE
Are you proactive and eager to learn more about a variety of legal and compliance topics? Are you willing to be part of creating something new in a corporate environment? Apply now for our Legal and Compliance Internship starting as of June 2021 at our office in Zoetermeer, NL! Note: due to Covid-19 we are currently working from home.
About the Job
As our Legal and Compliance Intern, you will be working with our young and dynamic Legal and Compliance team within the Cluster Business Services (CBS), who oversee all legal and compliance topics within the Benelux, including our 3 divisions: Essential Dairy- and Plant-Based, Waters, Specialized Nutrition You will primarily be supporting the team with reporting, researching legal topics, manage our contracting tool,, contract drafting. Additionally, you will be highly involved in the monitoring of the implementation of existing legal & compliance processes within the company. As we are working with various stakeholders, you will learn more about stakeholder management and support us in a variety of legal topics across a corporate environment.
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage our contracting tool; e.g. manage approval flows, signature flows, contract deposits, etc.;
- Review of contracts;
- Research on specific topics or questions and legal watch for our 3 divisions;
- Support in compliance-related topics, e.g. support in the update of existing registers, involvement with stakeholders to ensure implementation of procedures, preparation of checklists to ease implementation of procedures, etc.;
- Translation of documents: Dutch – English.
Next to the above mentioned, you will also get the chance to be involved in other legal and compliance topics depending on the timing of your internship and your interests.
You are preferably a Master’s student in Law, preferably commercial or corporate law, or other related studies, who is curious and eager to learn more about legal and compliance topics. As you will be dealing and connecting with different topics at the same time, you should know how to manage yourself and be able to prioritize. We are looking for a real team player who also does not mind working autonomously. You should have an eye for detail, be proactive, and master Microsoft Office programs. Additionally, you should have good communication skills, as you will be working with various stakeholders and people. There are some hard requirements that you should consider:
There are also some compulsory requirements:
- Enrolled as a student during the whole internship period (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- Ideally available to start in June 2021 for a 4-6 months, 4-5 days per week;
- You are fluent in English and Dutch - spoken and written; French is considered as a plus;
- You are able to work from Zoetermeer, NL if the COVID-19 situation allows us to go to the office.
- Please note that you are required to relocate to the Netherlands (if abroad) for this internship and get a BSN.
Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself. Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
We are proud to be an equal employer. We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment* fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible for all.
Did you know that as a B-Corp certified company, Danone Benelux meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability?
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
As our new Legal and Compliance intern, you will have the opportunity to see all the aspects of the business. You will further improve your contract writing skills and learn about the compliance processes in the company. You will gain an overview of how the legal department operates in a global company.
We offer a gross monthly internship allowance* of 450 (HBO students) or 550 (University students) euros per month and a home working allowance. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
* Please be aware that you must acquire a BSN number to receive the full internship allowance.
Hit the “apply now” button! As we screen candidates on a regular basis we recommend you apply as soon as possible. The recruitment process for internships is as follows: Stage One – submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter; Stage Two – we will get to know you better through answering some questions which you will submit through video (or a written) format; Stage Three – we will invite you to an interview with your team. Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Eugenia Bouzas (Talent Recruitment Intern) via firstname.lastname@example.org
* all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status