European Sourcing Manager Pallets & Logistics Services
As European Sourcing Manager Pallets & Logistics Services you will contribute to the category strategy definition and ensure implementation across the clusters in all CBUs across Europe. You will negotiate supply agreements, lead regional tenders and support local initiatives, foster supplier innovation, and initiate cost reduction programs.
You will also have a key contribution to the Pallet category in the Protein Program - a global ambitious program to maximize efficiences and deliver significant levels of saving through a combination of Sourcing and Demand management, using a proven zero-based budgeting methodology.
We would prefer to have you in our HQ in Amsterdam (Hoofddorp), where the big part of the Global Procurement organization is based, but you could also consider our office France (Evian).
About Your Main Responsibilities:
- Define Europe Regional Category Strategy and Go to Market strategy
- Execute Request For Quotation (RFQ), manage tenders process and negotiations in coordination with CBU’s and European & Global Procurement teams
- Develop and share market intelligence / drivers, supplier knowledge, new technologies, innovation opportunities
- Optimize supplier portfolio according to strategy
- Measure supplier performance and guarantee category performance: risk management, suppliers capacity, quality, Total Cost, security of supply, sustainability program
- Act as a single point of contact for the Supply Chain Leaders of the various BUs and part of the Europe C&P Logistics leadership team
- Act as Category Expert for the Protein Roll-Out Program and lead the Regional Pallet Category Procurement
- Support top programs’ delivery within category in the region
- At least 5 years of experience in Purchasing and/or Supply Chain, ideally in FMCG markets with contractual complexity
- Qualified purchasing competencies from international association would be preferred (such as MCIPS)
- Required functional competencies: Strategic purchasing, Negotiation, Transversal and project management, Stakeholder Management
- Legal basics knowledge in contract/liabilities
- Required essential behaviors to deliver against accountabilities:Taking responsibility, Ownership, Cross functional collaboration
- Fluent in English, French is desired
- Mobility: 15% travel
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what & how we source, we shape the world in which we operate & we build the future for Danone. We are one team of procurement professionals worldwide working closely together with our colleagues across the Company. We secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with suppliers aligned to our vision.
You will contribute to the category strategy definition and ensure implementation across the clusters in all CBUs across Europe.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
You have until the closing date 15th of August 2019 to apply. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information on the job? Please contact me!