Within Danone we have created a Cluster Business Service organisation (CBS) to support all our different businesses in the Benelux with high-level expertise and strong financial competencies inside the various processes. For Finance these activities include financial control, accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury, tax and internal control. The CBS Finance team exists of 45 people of which 10 are located in Belgium.
For the CBS Finance Benelux organisation we are looking for an Accounts Receivable accountant to be based in Belgium. You are a young graduate Accountancy or a professional already experienced and working in accounting. In our AR team you can further develop your competencies inside with options to move to other roles and departments within CBS Finance. Our AR team consists of 8 people: Head of AR, a Cash-in and a Trade terms manager and 5 AR accountants. The team takes care of all Danone’s AR activities in the Benelux so covering both Netherlands and Belgium.
Great role to start your finance career in Danone if you're a young graduate in Accountancy or a professional already experienced and working in Accounting.
In this role you will be responsible for our AMN and ELN businesses in Belgium managing all the different Accounts Receivable activities, like credit checks, dunning, release of blocked orders or cash-in forecast. We are looking for someone with good communicative skills and a pro-active attitude in order to interact easily with the different internal departments (customer services, sales, treasury etc) and with our customers about outstanding payments for example.
- Processing trade terms invoices and follow-up approval flow;
- Dunning and cash collection: perform regular and proactive dunning of non-paid invoices by sending reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email;
- Ensure the development of a good relationship with customers;
- Processing incoming payments, follow-up and solve the discrepancies in payments (claims, AP & TTM invoices deducted from payments);
- Daily follow-up of blocked orders for delivery;
- Preparing cash-in forecast;
- Interaction with different CBU’s and other departments;
- Work closely together with Cash-in manager, TTM manager and Head of AR;
- Assist with the month-end close process and reconciliations;
- Participate in monthly meetings with finance, sales, supply chain to provide insights into cash management;
- Contribute to finance and TTM projects (process improvement).
- have a Bachelor accountancy or any equivalent education;
- are bilingual in Dutch and French (this is a must) and a good knowledge of English;
- have good knowledge of MS office (particular Excel skills);
- are accurate and numerate, detail focused and to get the work done thoroughly;
- are immune to stress and flexibility around month-end closings;
- enthusiastic and reliable personality and feel comfortable in communication with different people, backgrounds and cultures.
What’s in it for you?
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
But more importantly – many opportunities for next steps in Finance or other functions within Danone in the Benelux or worldwide.
Hit the “apply” button. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview followed by first and second round interviews.
Need more information? Please contact the recruiter below: