Brand Manager Oncology
Advanced Medical Nutrition (part of Danone) is growing almost double digits in a growing market and we have a clear leadership in market share.
Since a few years we have initiated to shift from purely product / category focus to a Therapeutic Area approach. This means that we put the patient at the center of everything we do, in order to propose tailor-made products or services to the HCP’s, to the patients or their carers.
Your mission will be to develop, implement and evaluate specific marketing plans for Oncology Therapeutic Area to achieve both long and short term agreed TA/brand objectives, including sales and profitability targets, in all channels where Nutricia AMN is present: Hospital, HomeCare, Pharmacy and Elderly Homes.
You will work cross functionally to drive the development of the Oncology Therapeutic Area and brand plan, within a Business Activation Team (BAT) Oncology, including colleagues from Marketing, Sales, Medical and other departments.
The products you manage have a direct impact on the quality of life of the patients, and may even participate to an increase of the overall survival.
What will be your key challenges?
On Oncology, we’re in a building phase where a lot has to be invented and created yet.
One of the key element is to measure the impact of our actions: as products are shared with other TA's, we’re currently defining the right research methodologies and KPI’s to track in order to measure our strategy implementation.
And the other is to develop impactful communication campaigns, while anticipating long term HCP’s shift from Hospital towards Community, and also the increasing importance of patient /carer empowerment.
Together with the Global team and R&D, we‘re also defining the next innovations in these field by acting as a lead CBU.
The Brand Manager needs to be able to juggle between operational delivery (hands-on approach is a must!), project management, long term plans design and short term business tactics deployment.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Analyze business dynamics (patient and customer journey, stakeholders, authorities, channels, competition) and proposes how to further build the Oncology Therapeutic Area)
- Contribute to and execute Oncology Therapeutic Area marketing strategies and plans based on thorough analysis of market, environment, competitive and consumer trends
- Create relevant messaging and contact strategies to positively influence KOL’s endorsement of the TA.
- Convert the value proposition to a story and tests the story to evaluate potential impact on selected stakeholders.
- Work closely with sales and go into the field to strengthen your understandings of sales and customers.
INSIGHTS INTO STRATEGY
- Identify penetrating and actionable insights from the deep understanding of the market and key stakeholders
- You are in charge of the local strategy and the way we communicate. Leveraging good practices across the globe, you will play an active role in our Global TA team to drive global growth on Oncology.
- Success is also: When your strategy will be implemented in other countries, share the knowledge and success !
Please note travel will be included in this position (from Zoetermeer to Bruxelles this will be around 20 – 30% of your time.
You will also get the coaching from Sr Brand Manager Oncology (not a hierarchical reporting line), aligning on key projects and prioritizing together the scope of work.
As such, there is no specific Product Categories responsibility in this role, as many products from Nutricia portfolio are part of our Oncology Value Proposition. Therefore a close relationship with the (Sr) Brand Managers in charge of Recovery Core (Fortimel / Nutridrink) and Enhanced Recovery (Nutrison) categories will be crucial.
For you to be successful in this role
You are a true hands-on Business Builder, you have business/sales acumen, strategic thinking skills in development and you are creative and analytical in order to define impactful, unique and fact based Value Propositions. This market is highly complex so you must be able to grasp complex matters quickly to have impact on the business. Ideally you are currently working in a similar role within the pharma / medical devices / healthcare / OTC or Medical Nutrition industries.
You have a passion for patients and will do everything to improve their quality of life during and after their treatment, in order to establish Medical Nutrition as an integral part of Health Care system and supportive care, thanks to effective HCP’s and patients communications and plans.
Where can you go from here?
Once successful in this role you could move to a role as a Senior Brand Manager, Sales Manager or Medical Manager, in Benelux or abroad. At Danone we take internal mobility seriously, our Talent Managers will follow your progress and help you with your next step.
Are you interested in joining us?
Apply directly via the button. Applications via mail or Indeed are not taken into consideration. For more information about the position or the procedure please contact Esther Van Aalst: