Category & Channel Development Manager
About the Job
You will join our Category & Channel Development (CCD) team, that is part of the Sales NL team of Nutricia Early Life Nutrition (ELN). Category Value Growth and enlightening the shopper in cooperation with our retail partners is the passion of our CCD-team!
As a Category Manager, you understand what drives the shoppers in the Baby Nutrition category within the Food Retail-and Drug Channel and how we can optimize their path to purchase. You connect the dots between different (data) resources and you define the right actionable insights. You work closely together with our key trade partners and build strong relationships to grow the Baby Nutrition category.
Besides your functional role, you are a key member within diverse cross-functional business teams (SWAT’s). You bring your category mindset to these teams and together you drive the implementation of category plans and activation plans for our ELN brands (Nutrilon and Olvarit). Your main internal stakeholders are account managers, marketeers, shopper marketeers, insights managers and of course your category counterparts.
You will report to the Head of Category & Channel Development and will be part of the Category & Channel Development team consisting of four Category Development Managers and two Shopper Marketeers.
Your responsibilities within this role are the following:
- Drive the category mindset and communicate & activate the category vision
- Create a long term strategy for category development including translation into an actionable channel- and customer approach
- Lead category management projects resulting in an optimization of retail P’s for the respective channel
- Drive the shopper perspective within the commercial organization by actively connecting with e.g. marketing and account management
- Actively participate in internal customer-teams and cross-functional business teams (SWAT’s) by sharing trade marketing analyses and insights
- Drive category partnerships with the strategic customers by providing them with actionable shopper- and customer focused insights
- Lead the Shelf vision strategy for respective customers
- Actively participate in creating online category management vision to accelerate online sales
Do you want to have an impact on a healthy start for all babies? This great opportunity will enable you to actively participate in creating online category management vision to accelerate online sales!
Education & working experience:
- 5-8 years of working experience in FMCG environment and at least 3 years of working experience in Category Management
- Ability to interpret data and translate this into category growth plans – therefore the experience with multiple sources of data (i.e. IRI, ACNielsen, account specific EPOS, Panel Data, qualitative- & quantitative research) and space planning software are a key advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Results driven team player with an eye for people as well as process
- Strong connector who is able to convince stakeholders in a dynamic environment
- Effective project manager with a ‘getting things done-mentality’
- Creative thinker, looking for improvement on a continuous basis
- Excellent communicator in Dutch with well-developed English skills
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
At Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition, we are passionate in our commitment to a healthy start for all babies. We are open to share our knowledge with parents and caregivers, to help them make the right choices for their baby in the first 1000 days, and beyond. We are proud to offer them safe, high-quality products designed to provide the right nutrition at the right time so they can enjoy a healthy and happy family life together. Nutricia's ELN heritage of pioneering scientifically based nutrition research underpins everything we do to ensure an outstanding experience for families. We are all devoted to doing this every day. This is reflected in our mission: We make every day count, for you and your baby.
With this mission, we want to reach the hearts and minds of not only all employees working in the ELN division, but also all Danoners in the other divisions to make all of us #ProudToBeDanoner. And there is a straightforward connection between Danone’s mission and the ELN one: Bringing health through food to as many people as possible is the mission of all Danoners worldwide. At ELN we are focused on people during a specific period in their lives: caregivers and their babies, and their journey together through the first 1000 days.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now” button. You have until the closing date March 28, 2019 to apply. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview and first and second round interview. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Sandra van Rijn, Talent Manager on via email@example.com