Category Growth Manager
About the job
This is the perfect opportunity to build category growth stories at global level to support the Consumer Value Journey for our Early Life Nutrition division making every day count in the life of our Consumers. It’s a global position, which means that you lead the category strategic efforts to drive market growth. You are part of the Commercial Development team, reporting to the Global Commercial Development VP.
As our Category Growth Manager, you identify key opportunities, threats and best practices on category development through the Consumer Value Journey leading the strategic roadmap development. You support the Country Business Units with the category strategy implementation ensuring that category insights feed into the growth pillar forums and key account negotiations. It’s your job to understand category growth initiatives that are currently implemented in our countries.
This means that in this role you are responsible for:
- Develop category and growth vision stories creating toolkits for market implementation
- Glean Consumer and Shopper insights and develop category assessment for key CBUs
- Develop a category plan with actions and measurements
- Discover key category opportunities and map them at divisional and market level
- Articulate category stories to support the Consumer Value Journey with key Customers
Needed for success
We are looking for somebody who holds a Bachelor degree (preferably in Business or Marketing), you have experience in a Sales managerial position for at least 5 years within FMCG or Healthcare, covering Shopper & Category development positions as a must, Trade Marketing is a plus. You have a proven track record in influencing and mobilizing stakeholders through your convictions, you are fluent in English and have effective communication and presentation skills. You enjoy working in a dynamic, fast changing, complex and high energy environment.
It would be great if you also have:
- A well-grounded knowledge in applying channel and category management tools,
- Strong project management skills and experience in managing several complex projects simultaneously
- Experience with putting together insights from broad areas (Marketing, Shopper, Retail, HCPs), capturing potential opportunities, and transforming them into category growth plans.
What’s in it for you?
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
But more importantly – growth opportunities for next steps in either your role or towards a next role in either the Danone Benelux or international market opportunities.
Hit the “apply now” button. If you need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview; first round interview will be held in our office in Danone Schiphol Place. The 2nd round interview will consist of presenting a business case and an interview.