Cereal Fermentation Internship
Are you a student passionate about Fermentation and eager to develop your skills on product optimization? Ready to be be involved in our multinational company?
About the Job
You will be part of our Center of Excellence Engines, Ingredients & Plant Based team and be working closely with our enthusiastic and diverse Fermentation team. As an intern you will work in a state-of-the art building with excellent lab facilities by working on new ideas and building a trial plan around cereal fermentation. Specifically, you will contribute to our product portfolio for infants and for medical purposes with the focus on improving our Specialized Nutrition (SN) products.
So, what will you do in practice?
- Explore new types of cereals by using multiple strains and fermentation settings;
- Build and execute a research plan for cereal fermentation;
- Review the literature and extract the relevant data;
- Summarize the data in a comprehensive report;
- Work in a multidisciplinary team and communicate with various experts internally.
We are looking for a Bachelor student in Food Sciences, Biotechnology, Microbiology with affinity for Food Innovation
- You are an open and enthusiastic person and you like to take responsibilities and ownership for your projects;
- You are a team-player, but also feel confident to work independently;
- You are able of being agile with rigorous ways of working;
- You have excellent English communication skills (both written and oral).
Some hard requirements:
- You need to be enrolled at a university during the whole period of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You can start as of January for a minimum of 6 months (5 days per week);
- You are willing to travel or to relocate to Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Sounds interesting, right? Apply now and become our Cereal Fermentation Intern as of January 2020 at our R&I office in Utrecht, NL
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn. We offer an internship compensation plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Interns coming from abroad are eligible for a housing allowance
Did we just describe your profile? Then click the “apply now” button and upload your CV and Cover Letter by the end of October,2019 ! The recruitment process will consist of a first telephone interview and a second in-depth interview.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me via email: