Within our high-quality laboratory, we are looking for a new Chemical Analyst to join Danone Nutricia Research in Utrecht, Netherlands. The department of Human Milk Research and Analytical Science Labs (HMR/ASL) is an integral part of R&I and needs additional support of a skilled analist in advanced chemical analysis.
About the job
As Chemical Analyst, you will support the analytical goals of HMR/ASL in the Analytical Chemistry Team. In this job you will contribute to project deliverables of research projects for all divisions within Danone Nutricia Research. You will provide support on the projects and advise based on the result of your analysis. Within this work, you will be responsible for the identification and quantification of individual components in a complex matrix and to analyze engines/key ingredients in products of Danone Nutricia. Your senior expertise in cutting edge instrumental analytical technologies will be key to develop and apply analytical methods daily. You will evaluate, report and present results in alignment with your team leader to other stakeholders and functions within the R&I department.
In this role, you will be responsible for the daily operation in our lab. You will provide support on the projects and advise based on the result of your analysis. Within this analysis, you will be responsible for the quantification of individual components in a complex matrix and to analyze engines or key ingredients in products of Danone Nutricia.
Next to this you will:
- Read-out parameters in body fluids from clinical trial samples (e.g. milk, blood, urine, faeces) .
- Analyze of samples according to SOP’s.
- Connect with other departments to promote the work of your department.
- Develop and validate new analytical methods in particular Mass spectrometry for ID and quantification in combination with on/off-line separation technologies.
- Advise your team leader on in- and outsourcing of standardized analytics.
- Explore new and better ways of working within the lab.
- Follow QMS (ISO9001:2015).
We are looking for a professional Chemical Analyst with the right knowledge and experience. Someone who wants to explore new analytical methods or use existing methods on new materials. You have extensive lab experience and could solve lab related problems by yourself. Besides this you have a hands-on mentality and you really enjoy working in a lab environment. In this lab, you are a driver for governance and can also advise and inspire other colleagues.
Next to this:
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in (Bio)Analytical Chemistry, biotechnology, food chemistry or related;
- You have at least 3 years experience with HPLC/UFLC and GC with several detection techniques;
- A proven affinity for analyses and measurements;
- Experience with mass spectrometry (e.g. GC-MS, LC-MS) is highly preferred;
- You have an open and social character that knows how to connect with people in a larger organization;
- You are capable of managing self-supervised analytical projects and you are ready to present results to colleagues and managers;
- You are driven by knowledge and results;
- You are a self-starter with a natural drive for continuous improvement;
- You are willing to take initiative and can inspire other people to do the same.
- Excellent communication skills in English
Are you the Chemical Analyst that we are looking for?
Then please apply through our corporate website.
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment procedure, please contact Luuck van Kooten (Corporate Recruiter) via Luuck.van-Kooten@external.nutricia.com. Applications via email will not be processed