Communication and Public Affairs Manager
Your mission is to strengthen and develop the external communication and public affairs of Danone - Nutricia Specialised Nutrition in Benelux. You will create an inspiring and transparent relationship and conducive environment by which Nutricia Specialised Nutrition can achieve its company's goals and contribute to the Food Revolution.
About the Job
You will be mainly based in Zoetermeer, the Netherlands with regular travel to Belgium, Brussels. You will report to the External Affairs Director of Danone – Nutricia in the Netherlands and also work closely with the External Affairs Director in Belgium. Internally, this role is called 'Corporate Affairs Manager'.
You will actively contribute to the business performance and credibility of the Nutricia Specialised Nutrition business in full interaction internally with different departments and externally with policy makers, authorities, NGOs actively.
In this role, you will have 3 key areas of responsibility:
External & Internal Communication
- Contribute to the external communication strategy of Nutricia Specialised Nutrition Benelux and its product brands
- Implement the external communication strategy for Danone - Nutricia and product brands
- Establish relations with media/bloggers
- Manage all media inquiries and outgoing company statements (spokesperson) to media and external audiences insuring that the messages are accurate, consistent and support the company’s positions in both the Netherlands and Belgium
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders on particular topics relevant for the company and brand reputation
- Support Internal communication in context of corporate communication, internal media and events, and ambassador sharing of successes
- Be part of the Crisis Team for Benelux supporting on Corporate Affairs topics and support in anticipating potential crisis
- Manage local stakeholders and prepare Q&A’s, guidelines and statements to ensure consistent communication on critical issues, in close cooperation with the Benelux Crisis manager
- Ensure continued market access and category protection jointly with Regulatory affairs team
- Represent the company on technical committees and industry associations to drive and deliver company’s agenda and positions through larger audiences in both the Netherlands and Belgium
- Engage with policy makers, NGO’s, and other key partners to develop new business opportunities in both the Netherlands and Belgium
- Manage partnerships with NGOs and other third-party stakeholders
You have at least 5 years of professional experience in the food industry Pharmaceutical Industry / Communication/ PR Industry and a Master in a relevant field. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in engaging and building relationships with sophisticated leaders and external contacts, as well as in delivering high-quality programs and projects.
You have the ability to bring together stakeholders (both internal and external) from multiple groups to achieve common objectives and influence outcomes without direct authority.
You have a strong planning and organization skills, including proven ability to think strategically and execute on plans to achieve both short-term and long-term results.
For this role, you know how to express yourself in a professional way in Dutch (native/fluent), French and English.
What’s in it for you?
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also additional benefits.
But more importantly – many opportunities for next steps in the Company.
Hit the “apply now” button.
Need more information? Please contact Giorgia Calabria, Talent Manager, at Giorgia.email@example.com
At Danone, we are dedicated to achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world - as many people as possible.
Nutricia Netherlands B.V. is part of Danone. Nutricia focuses on specialized nutrition which promotes healthy growth and development of children from 0 to 36 months. We are present in the market with the brands Nutrilon, Olvarit and Bambix. Nutricia has a leading position in the Dutch market of baby and children’s nutrition.