For global HQ at Hoofddorp, we are looking for a: Data Architect
Within Danone Specialized Nutrition we believe that data driven decision are the foundation of sustainable business growth. The Data Excellence Team is at the heart of enabling this for the organization by ensuring all topline and touchpoint data is properly managed and can flow freely to support key business processes and decisions. We work closely together with the Digital Acceleration, Strategy & Insight and Sales Excellence teams to drive seamless connection journeys with both consumers, patients and Health Care Professionals (HCP). And we bring key analytical capabilities like predictive and prescriptive analytics to uncover revenue opportunities.
The Data Excellence Team is looking for a global data architect. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of the future- ready global data architecture that will enable Danone Specialized Nutrition to make more impact throughout the parent, HCP & patient journeys.
In this role you will
- Work with the central IT department and your E2E Data Excellence colleagues to design & develop scalable solutions for the collection, storage, integration and analysis of company data.
- Develop the roadmap for target architecture and prioritize implementation of the way data is controlled, quality checked and made available.
- Set up the data pipelines and approaches for the total system.
- Participate in (global) data & analytics projects and collaborate with data engineers to ensure accessibility and analysis of data to achieve the envisioned projects and use cases.
- Keep a general overview of the data available within Danone and make the different data sources insightful.
- Together with business owners, help improve the quality of the data, by defining Key Quality Indicators and reporting on those.
- Be the go-to person & advisor in the global Data & Analytics Strategy team for all matters related to data management
Key Skills & Experience
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- Proven experience as a (Big)data architect, engineer or similar role.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems & data engineering.
- Experienced in columnar databases and NoSQL solutions in production environments, predictive analytics and data visualization
- Experience working with reporting & (SS) BI solutions (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik sense, etc.)
- Experience gathering and analyzing requirements
- Knowledge of Cloudera or similar stack, e.g. Hive, Spark, Impala, Oozie, etc.
- a good understanding of the value of a data catalogue and it is your responsibility to have data be made available through the catalogue
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
Hit the “apply now” button. The closing date for this position is 21 August 2019. You can expect feedback on your application after the closing date. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Esther van Aalst, Talent Manager via email@example.com or via whatsapp.