We are looking for a: Data Engineer
Within Danone Specialized Nutrition we believe that data driven decision are the foundation of sustainable business growth. The Data Excellence Team is at the heart of enabling this for the organization by ensuring all topline and touchpoint data is properly managed and can flow freely to support key business processes and decisions. We work closely together with the Digital Acceleration, Strategy & Insight and Sales Excellence teams to drive seamless connection journeys with both consumers, patients and Health Care Professionals. And we bring key analytical capabilities like predictive and prescriptive analytics to uncover revenue opportunities.
The Data Excellence Team is looking for a global data engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for unlocking & transforming and transferring the company’s global and local data in an efficient and effective way through smart data solutions. It is your job to provide the organization with the high-quality data necessary for analysis and modelling to support business decision-making
In this role you will:
- Be actively involved in key global data & analytics projects and you will strongly collaborate with various internal and external partners such as the global SN departments, local markets (CBUs), central IT organization (DanIS) and agencies.
- Co-design and develop the future- ready global data architecture that will help Danone SN make more impact and become world class in data & analytics, across the entire organization.
- Work with the central IT department and your Data Excellence colleagues to explore suitable options, designs and create data pipelines (data lake/data warehouses) for data & analytics projects.
- Participate in (global) data & analytics projects and collaborate with data analysts, data scientists & the data architect to ensure data availability & data quality for reporting, analysis & modelling.
- Be the go-to person & advisor in the global Data Excellence team for all matters related to ETL/ELT & solutions for data security, quality and automation of processes.
Key Skills & Experience
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Background in Mathematics and Statistics.
- Experience as a (Big)data engineer, backend developer or similar role
- Proven experience as a (Big)data engineer, architect or similar role
- Experience with data engineering & data bases/warehouses
- Experience with Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Spark, HBase, CouchDB, Hive)
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL or T-SQL with RDBMSs like Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle etc. in production environments
- Experience with programming languages like UNIX shell scripting, Python etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with reporting & (SS) BI solutions (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik sense, etc.)
- Experience gathering and analyzing requirements
- Ability to thrive in a rapid paced environment on multiple global projects with many stakeholders.
- Good (English) communication & collaboration skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Hit the “apply now” button. The closing date for this position is 21 August 2019. You can expect feedback on your application after the closing date.To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Esther van Aalst, Talent Manager via email@example.com or via whatsapp.