Data Science Intern
Are you an ambitious student with a profound interest in data driven storytelling? Come join our Data Excellence Team at our office in Hoofddorp, NL as of February 2020!
About the Team
Within Danone Specialized Nutrition we believe that data driven decisions are the foundation of sustainable business growth. The Data Excellence Team is at the heart of enabling this for the organization by ensuring all topline and touchpoint data is properly managed and can flow freely to support key business processes and decisions. We work closely together with the Digital Acceleration, Strategy & Insight and Sales Excellence teams to drive seamless connected journeys with both consumers, patients and Health Care Professionals. And we bring key analytical capabilities like predictive and prescriptive analytics to uncover revenue opportunities.
What will you do & learn?
This internship is a unique opportunity for you as it is the first time that we are offering it on a global level. There is an overload of knowledge within the team that they are ready to share with you, and you will get responsibility from day one onwards while learning and being supported throughout. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your data science skills and work with the Data Excellence team in the (further) development of analytical solutions, part of the global SN advanced analytics roadmap.
- Participate in (global) data science projects focused on use cases such as category forecasting, consumer segmentation, churn prevention, consumer lifetime modelling, and more.
- Apply data science techniques (predictive models, machine learning, data mining) to discover trends and patterns in global & local data that will help SN make more impact
- Learn how to navigate within a globally operating company
- Get to know the ways of working between global and local teams
- Join market conversations, workshops & review results
Who are we looking for?
You are studying Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Statistics or related, with an interest in data driven storytelling. You must be an open-minded and enthusiastic person who has strong problem solving & communication skills. You have a pro-active, hands-on mentality. A multinational environment interests you. You are confident to work autonomously, but have no problem working with the team.
There are also some hard requirements:
- You are enrolled as a student during the whole duration of the internship. If you are a non-EU citizen, you must be enrolled at a Dutch university;
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You can start in February 2020 for a minimum of 6 months
- You can work 4-5 days a week;
Hit the “apply now” button. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: