Fermentation Technologist Laboratory
Danone Nutricia Research in Utrecht is searching for a Fermentation Technologist Laboratory who is looking for continuous challenges in product innovation focused on fermentation technology. In this job you will work within the Fermentation Team which is part of the Food Science and Discovery group. As a team you will mainly work focus on long term international innovations, in close collaboration with life science and product development teams.
The Fermentation Team is responsible for developing new and optimized fermentation processes and fermented products for the Early Life Nutrition department on all scales, from the smallest laboratory scale to full factory productions. In this position you will focus on fermentation research on laboratory and pilot plant scale. To be successful in this position you will have a natural interest in fermentation or the application of fermentation technology in new or existing products.
As Fermentation Technologist Laboratory you are responsible for:
- Preparing research plans for fermentation trials.
- Analyzing produced samples on relevant parameters and exploring and optimizing new analytical methodologies.
- Performing research on lab and pilot scale equipment.
- Developing prototypes of new or improved fermented products and processes.
- Reporting and summarizes results in a clear and organized way.
- Contributes on group discussions.
- Developing knowledge on fermentation for yourself and your team.
You are a Fermentation technologist who loves to be in the laboratory and to be an expert in your field of work. You can take ownership of your work and can work independent on your daily tasks. Though your focus is on the laboratory you are also interested in running pilot plant trials and can help the team with input on upscaling the production in our factories in Ireland and France.
- Bachelor or Master in Biotechnology or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with laboratory science or fermentation technology
- Knowledge of microbiology, biotechnology and dairy products.
- Comfortable working in an international and dynamic organization, with various functional disciplines at several locations.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Willing to travel by car to our pilot plant facilities in France to supervise trials and perform analyses
- Driver’s license
Are you the Fermentation Technologist Laboratory we are looking for?
If you have any questions about the positions or the recruitment procedure, please contact Luuck van Kooten (Corporate Recruiter) via Luuck.van-Kooten@external.nutricia.com.
Please apply through our website, applications via email will not be read.