Food Process Technologist Research & Innovation
About the Job
You will work within the Product, Process & Packaging department, a dynamic community of more than 200 collaborators across the world. You will be part of the Global Centre of Excellence Process and will report directly to the Principal Technologist and expert team lead of the drying process focused sub-team.
We are ready for you to take us to the next level in developing knowledge, expertise and tools for Infant Milk Formula production processes that enable us to improve our current processes and accelerating innovations to ensure the future growth of Danone. Your main responsibilities will be:
- To align, design, organize and co-execute pilot plant trials with unique and state-of-the-art equipment
- Digest, structure and present the results to the expert team to define the best next steps and work in an agile experimentation mode with a clear goal, but without a pre-defined step-by-step plan.
- Come up with creative proposal and initiatives to overcome the hurdles that will pop-up along the way
- You will focus on one of the most complex unit operations in food industry: spray drying
- Explore and observe consciously what happens in conditions where we have not been before
Next to this, you will:
- Contribute to build, maintain and sharing the process technology expertise
- Develop processing and measurement equipment in close collaboration with suppliers
- Organize and perform advanced analytics in the Food Science and Technology Laboratory
- Work closely together with an international team of Process Technologists and Scientists who can act as a coach for you
Do you like to be in the forefront of food process technology development? Are you passionate to work on fundamental understanding of the dominating physics behind our production process?
To be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role we believe you need to have:
- Solid background in Process, Chemical or Mechanical engineering or Food technology. Academic thinking level, a relevant PhD can be an advantage
- Hands-on mindset - will be intensive experimental work in pilot plant and lab environment
- Affinity with the complexity of food materials and dairy processing
- Able to work in a dynamic international environment (Fluent English is a must)
- Creative practical problem-solving skills, passion for research and scientific engineering
- Eager to develop process technology skills and willingness to share learnings with others
- Able to communicate effectively to various function within R&I
- Passion for knowledge-based innovation and process optimization
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.Nutricia Research Center for Specialized Nutrition located in the Utrecht Science Park in the Netherlands is a state-of-the-art innovation center for the development of new product, process and packaging concepts for Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition. We create formulas that provide clinically substantiated health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, elderly and patients.
In the Centre of Excellence Drying team of Koen van Dijke we aim to understand the complex product-process interactions to develop innovative solutions to produce our high-quality products better and smarter.
Humanism, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure. You will get a temporary contract of 18 months and will be part of our Global Processing community, you will have a key role in fundamental understanding of our processes while facing the challenges which belong to exploring unknown territories.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary from 50 - 80K and yearly bonus, depending of the seniority level of the candidate. Furthermore, benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now” button. You have until the 31st of May 2019 to apply with your CV and Motivation Letter (both are mandatory). The first-round interviews will be scheduled on Thursday the 13th of June in the morning. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Jolijn Scholtes, Talentmanager on via Jolijn.firstname.lastname@example.org or via +31 (0) 652823465.