Foods & 3rd Party Manufacturing (Planning) Intern
We are searching for a passionate student with an interest in Planning and Operations to support our Foods & 3rd party manufacturers planning team! Interested? Come join us as our new intern at our office in Hoofddorp, NL!
About the Job
Planning and Operations are managed centrally, via S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) teams.
As our new Foods 3rd party manufacturers - Intern planner you will join one of the growing categories. The Foods and 3rd parties team a small international planning team for which we look to enhance our planning capabilities and performance. Your support will mainly be directed towards ensuring the consistency of the planning on a short-term horizon (6months), support collaboration between external factories and internal Danone sales units. This will include:
- Being the main Planning point of contact for 2 to 4 external factories and Danone sales units for Finish Goods and Materials (labels replenishment for instance).
- Ensuring the good operation flow and propose improvements of the processes.
- Collecting, consolidating, and ensuring the accuracy of the planning data.
- Frequently contacting Danone Sales units (more than 10 different European countries) and cross-check the data while understanding Sales Risks & Opportunities.
- Allocating production volume between sales units while taking industrial constraints into account.
- Supporting/leading improvement projects related to the process and/or performance.
We are searching for a candidate with an analytical mindset, who’s able to deep dive into excel spreadsheets for efficient analysis. Additionally, your eye for detail and logical mindset allows you to spot critical information in the data provided, supporting you in gathering useful insights that can be transformed into solutions. You are a fast learner, team player, have positive energy and ability to prioritize to always meet deadlines. You are not afraid to challenge situations and bring your own ideas forward in order to act proactively in a fast-paced environment. Your strong communication skills enable you to have clear and effective communication with stakeholders. Strong Excel (model development, Pivot Tables, function/formula understanding). A first experience in Supply Chain is considered a plus.
In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are enrolled as a student with a major in food science, engineering, economics, supply chain for the whole duration of the internship (If you are a non-EU student, then you must be enrolled at a Dutch university)
- You are fluent in English – Written and verbal (Spanish is advantageous)
- You are willing to relocate/travel to Hoofddorp, NL.
- You are able to start as of August 2020 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days a week
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
By joining this team as our new intern, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the real and concrete processes of planning in a large international corporation such as Danone. You will also experience a diverse work environment by reaching out and connecting with stakeholders from all around Europe. In addition to this, your tasks will fully immerse you in the processes of a mature planning team, taking your analytical skills to the next level.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
Hit the “apply” button now – the sooner, the better. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: Elin Andren Eriksson via Elin.firstname.lastname@example.org