Global Category Sourcing Director Topline
About the Job
As the Global Category Sourcing Director Topline (Marketing, Sales & Media Services), you will accountable for leading the transformation of Sales & Marketing Procurement across Danone as part of our broader functional transformation
In this role you will manage a global spend of 1.6B Euros across our 3 World Wide Business Units (Essential Dairy & Plant Based, Specialized Nutrition and Waters), you are responsible for the development of category practices for Top Line Categories (Media, Agencies, Media Production, Research & Insights, POSM, Graphic Chain etc.) delivering innovative and quality driven solutions through close collaboration with your business stakeholders. In addition you have functional and managerial responsibility for the Global Topline procurement team, engaging executive and senior leaders of all 6 divisions & our key suppliers. You have 4 direct reports, for the categories, Media, Shopper, Advertising and S&I.
The 3 main missions of this position are:
- Driving procurement category & organization transformation towards building a Global X-WBUs Indirect Procurement team dedicated to Topline categories by implementing the right Global or Regional procurement operating models together with the stakeholders.
- Delivering Danone *Protein Agenda expected from this category by providing innovative Demand & Procurement solutions together with the stakeholders & suppliers to reach the Protein saving targets.
- Making a step change in Topline procurement contribution to Danone businesses by reinforcing global policies, expertise & content; leveraging the Local procurement network across markets to activate Cluster’s synergies; and by building expertise in market screening, contract negotiation, spend optimization, and compliance (legal, quality, sustainability).
You will drive this change through:
- Driving the development of the Protein Global Procurement strategies and Co-leading Protein Smart Category Engine program for Topline spend.
- Leading the activation of the agreed global procurement solutions through the Global, Regional and Local procurement and stakeholders network.
- Being accountable for tender processes and negotiation, implementing and managing Global and Regional framework agreements. From Globally led categories.
- Building a high performing team
- Manage and support the team of Category Managers and the work and efforts of a Cross Functional Sourcing Team in all stages of a strategic sourcing project for global categories
- Implementing Global Governance model with strong performance management and reports against KPIs.
- Building strong relationships with the suppliers & stakeholders, driving growth and capturing innovation through collaboration.
- Representing Danone on a global basis outside the company to build effective relationships and actively participating in forums, partnerships & consortiums.
Up for the challenge of transforming the Global Marketing, Sales & Media Procurement? Can you lead this Topline procurement category & organization towards one procurement team by implementing the right Global or Regional procurement operating models together with the stakeholders?
Skills & Competencies & Profile
- There is a need for a strong influencer who will be able to effectively manage demanding and high profile stakeholders and build strong working relationships.
- The person would need to be credible from a content point of view. It is important to have a marketing procurement background with a strong track record in bringing disruption with added value to the media, advertising, shopper and S&I categories.
- The organization is going through a huge phase of transformation and there is a need to keep a balance between the centralized and decentralized activities. For example, promotion / activation agencies will be local. There is a need to harmonize the ways of working.
- Has worked within a purpose led business
- Has strong transformational / strategic skills and is able to be hands on at the same time
- Had excellent people/communication skills
- Could speak the language of both marketing team and procurement team
- Is a self-starter, takes the opportunity to leave a legacy
- Is not a process driven person, Is comfortable with ambiguity
Education & Professional Background
- Academic background: appropriate University/bachelor degree qualification is essential. A recognized qualification in procurement would be considered an asset.
- Experience: Extensive knowledge of Marketing Communication spend categories is preferred, with substantial professional experience [ around 7-10 years ] in the same functional domain or other related positions, preferably working in an international environment.
At Danone, we are dedicated to achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world - as many people as possible.
With Cycles & Procurement, we want to step up Danone’s ability to seize consumer opportunities and work more efficiently as one company. Therefore, Cycles & Procurement’s ambitions are to:
- Drive transversal spends efficiently
- Balance short, mid & long-term agenda with efficiency & sustainability
- Develop principles of circular economy in our key strategic resources
- Drive operations strategic roadmap
- Provide resources and sourcing for « Manifesto Brands »
To do so, 3 interdependent teams are working together helped by expertise transversal teams.
- Cycles & Procurement focus on protecting our essential resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) in collaboration with the local communities.
- One sourcing brings together all the procurement activities of Danone in a unique place.
- PROTEIN is the efficiency program which will generate 1 billion euros in savings by 2020.
Need more information?
Please contact me Chantalle Van Zuilen, Global Talent Manager via +31654604962 or email@example.com
*Protein is all about Smart Spending and delivering 1Bn euros of sustainable savings in the area of Indirect Spend. The Program is designed to deliver the objective by 2020. In addition to the financial objective, the program helps the company to transform it ways of working, bring digital tools and solutions and enable better processes.