Global Logistics Procurement Internship
Are you looking for a challenging internship? Are you good with numbers and want to work in a commercial and international environment?
About the team and your mission
You will work at the Netherlands headquarters of Danone in Schiphol and will be part of the Global Logistics/Supply Chain Procurement team. The team is responsible for managing all the logistics/supply chain procurement streams, focused on serving all the business units of Danone (, Dairy & Alpro, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, Advanced Medical Nutrition and DanTrade).
Within Global Logistics/Supply Chain Procurement lot of data gathering, analysis, stakeholder management and alignment is required for taking decisions. This means that you will have diverse assignments from all the logistics streams and the opportunity to work cross business units, to contribute to sourcing strategies and to maximize value to the business.
The biggest part of your day to day job is regarding Tender Management. This means that you will manage and coordinates the tender process for Transport/ Warehousing/Pallets, recognizing opportunities to optimize the current process and analyzing the subsequent supplier selection process.
Next to that, you will work on tasks like:
- Contract management and Sedex: Align with the Legal department to make sure that all documentation used for transport tenders is aligned and compliant.
- Monitoring and communicating suppliers contract compliance and ethical progress (Sedex) from the tendering phase to archiving.
- Supports the Global Category Buyer in building business cases with different suppliers
- Support analytical study of Europe's transportation/warehousing network, to build scenarios in order to deliver value to the business.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will be a MSc. student in Supply Chain or Business Administration or Industrial Engineering;
- Understanding of and interest in Logistics/Supply Chain;
- You have strong analytical skills and you like to work with numbers (using Excel);
- You are accurate and detail orientied
- You are proactive, independent, hands-on, enthusiastic;
- You have strong networking and communication skills;
- Excellent spoken/written English is required;
You can start as soon as possible for minimum 6 months. You are enrolled as a student at university during the whole internship.
What's in it for you?
You will have a great learning experience in a global company, where you will gain insights into the supply chain & logistics of Danone. As you will work cross –business unit you will improve your stakeholder management skills & business mindset. You will increase your data crunching skills, networking skills & communication skills. Your manager will give you the freedom to grow by giving you the ownership, tools and knowledge you need to succeed. And of course, it’s a great way to start your career at Danone!
Apply directly online, the sooner the better as we are looking for someone as soon as possible! Do you have questions, please contact Denisa Galaskova.