Internship - Global Operations Insights
About the Job
You will be part of the First Diet Operations team which includes Product Sourcing (focusing on innovation projects), OPP (Operations Performance Project – focusing on productivity and secure projects) and 3rd Party Manufacturing (3PM), as well as S&OP. We interface with factories, marketing and supply chain teams from the local business units and cross-functional central teams (R&D, procurement, marketing, finance).By joining the First Diet Operations team, you will be able to widen your experience by covering an extended part of the supply chain and be an essential part within key strategic functions.
So, you might be curious to know what your responsibilities would be? Your key projects and tasks will be:
1. Product Sourcing & OPP (Operations Performance Project)
- Update the Masterfile & Plant toolkit (one off task) – they are databases for executive decisions.
- Upgrade the innovation tracker and assess opportunities to facilitate the monthly update by the Product Sourcing team
- Develop a tool/matrix to enable efficient resource loading assessment i.e. standardise man days requirements per phase and type of projects (Full OW and Roll-out) for each function of the operations team (PS, 3PM OPP, AM SP)
- Develop a tool/matrix to enable efficient resource loading assessment i.e. standardise man days requirements for OPP for duplication and reformulation projects.
2. 3rd Party Manufacturing
- Build a business case on Transportation Operations management for 3PM team. Desired output is clear proposal for FTE needed to support day to day operations and escalations and map of processes between Danone and suppliers on Transport Ops.
- Create a toolkit for master data creation for different nature of projects (new supplier, new product, new artwork). Toolkit must contain information required from each function (internal and external), owners, lead-time, and systems used.
- Support research, benchmarking, and data crunching for productivity projects: Trucks utilization, MOQ optimization for materials and production, etc.
- Support Operations team on PO process, master data creation, and 3PM supplier mapping file update when necessary.
We are looking for a student to join the First Diet Global Operations team at Schiphol, part of the Global Early Life Nutrition team which is one of the divisions of Danone. Are you up for a challenging internship experience with the real taste of business world? Then join us! In this role, you will have the opportunity to grow both your professional skills and network.
Who are we looking for? We would like to have student currently enrolled in a master’s degree in Food Science/Economics/Procurement/Supply Chain. You should be:
- A self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proactive, tenacious, able to work autonomously and in a team while enjoying challenges & solving problems;
- A quick learner with powerful data management skills with excellent Excel and Powerpoint user skills;
- Fluent in English – both verbal and written (other languages are a plus);
- Previous experience in Operations (procurement, supply chain, planning), R&D or Finance are an advantage.
There are also some compulsory requirements:
- You are an enrolled Bachelor/Master student in Business or a relevant field (non-EU citizens are only eligible to apply if they are enrolled in a Dutch university);
- You can start in January 2019 for at least 5-6 months, 4-5 days per week;
- You are able to work in Amsterdam area (Danone Place Schiphol & Hoofdorp [as of April 2019]), in the Netherlands
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
You will work in the First Diet Operations team under the supervision of Sylvie Soares Lisboa (Product Sourcing & Operations Project Manager) at our office in Schiphol (Amsterdam), NL.
Due to our culture, based on freedom and empowerment, Danone becomes the environment where every day can be a fresh adventure - full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn. We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Hit the “apply now” button. You have until the closing date December 16th, 2018 to apply. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview with the HR recruitment team and a 2nd round interview with your future supervising manager. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: