Global Procurement Internship - Dairy Ingredients
Do you want to take a deep dive in one of the essential resources of Danone in an international and cross-functional environment? Are you eager to get to know the day-to-day business challenges of a buyer? Come join us as our next Global Procurement Intern at our office in Hoofddorp, NL!
About the Job
You will be a valuable asset of the Global Procurement Dairy Ingredients team within the category of Whey Derivatives, supervised by one of the Global Senior Buyer of Dairy Ingredients for Cycle & Procurement department. We offer you an amazing opportunity to take a deep dive in one of the essential resources of Danone, to collaborate in a multicultural and cross-functional environment and to be a key part on the implementation of the sourcing strategies. You will be fully involved in the day-to-day business challenges of the buyers, from supplier performance’s evaluation in the manufacturing facilities, tracking implementation of corporate contracts up to generating and supporting productivity and optimization projects..
- Spend Data & Analysis
- Consolidate data from complete network - 23 supply points across Europe, Asia and Americas
- Complete analysis and forecast cycles for each supplier
- Communicate results and forecasts to the appropriate factories
- Market Analysis & Reporting
- Track and report history and future trends for each country
- Connect with Key Market intelligence stakeholders (internal & external) to stay up to date of current trends and cycles
- Productivity Program
- Support the project of improving productivity
- Monitor progress
- Report and communicate results to buyers and Management
- Supplier Contract Management
- Make sure allocations are compliant with existing supplier contracts
- Negotiate contracts when necessary
In addition to the above mentioned tasks you will have the opportunity to further develop your project management skills by engaging in various projects that meet the current needs of the team.
We are looking for a candidate whose strong analytical skills and proficient knowledge of Excel can be used for efficient data analysis. Your logical mindset can transform the analyzed data into useful insights. You are confident to work autonomously, proactively and not afraid to act on your own initiative. Your strong communication skills enable you to clearly and effectively reach out to internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. Also, you are eager to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that continuously challenges you.
In addition, please make sure you meet the following expectations:
- You are enrolled as a Masters student in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Procurement, Industrial Engineering or Food Technology for the whole duration of the internship
- If you are a non-EU citizen, you must be enrolled as a student at a Dutch University.
- You are fluent in English – written and verbal
- You are willing to travel/relocate to Hoofddorp, NL
- You are available as soon as possible for a minimum of 6 months – 5 days a week
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux
What is in it for you?
As our new Global Procurement (Whey Derivatives) Intern you will have the opportunity to support 4 members of the team, allowing you to discover an overall understanding of how the operations work. This opportunity will allow you to be involved in defining the long-term strategy for Danone, allowing you the chance to have an impact on the future of processes. Through collaboration you will learn how to recognize future project possibilities and turn visions into projects.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills
Hit the “apply” button now – the sooner, the better. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: Elin Andren Eriksson via firstname.lastname@example.org
#LI-RI / #LI-BNL