Global Senior Buyer Flavors and Colors
About the Job
The global spend of Flavors & Colors category is 180 Mn EUR. You will lead the category in several regions. You will be part of the global team and work closely with all divisions: Essential Dairy and Plant Based products, Waters, and Specialized Nutrition.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Global souring strategy across all divisions
- Build strong Inside & Outside connections to drive innovation and support business growth
- Accountability for supplier relationship management: maintain and develop relationships with key/partner suppliers.
- Manage supplier performance with cross-functional process to improve KPIs.
- Ensure security of supply: risk analysis, dual sourcing, contingency planning, quality, sustainability, service levels, with the lead of category activation team
- Lead key strategic projects for Specialty ingredients
You have a proven track record in procurement preferably in direct spend categories with at least 5 years of experience. You are strong at building authentic relationships and a natural networker.
In addition to be successful you need:
- Can build strategic vision (not only operational efficiency) and translate it into action. Able to align strategy and stakeholders around identified and new business opportunities
- Able to set priorities, to take some distance, and be pragmatic
- Results driven, but able to compromise if needed without losing sight of the desired end results
- Able to bring a practical view to solving the most complex problems
- Positive, good sense of humor, open to feedback and aware of own limitations
- Fluency in English. Availability to travel is required
You will Drive Innovation, Improve Speed to Market, Optimize Cost and other operational KPIs, Sustainability, Quality and Compliance across Danone divisions.
What’s in it for you?
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
This transversal position is the opportunity for the candidate to build a complete category experience with a regional sourcing scope, connected to major upstream markets, and also to very local drivers. The candidate will have the perfect ground to develop a strong cross-functional leadership as it is a key success factors in this position. Position provides cross functional visibility at all levels and divisions within the organization, including direct link with the business.
At Danone, we are dedicated to achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world - as many people as possible.
With our global procurement team, we want to step up Danone’s ability to seize consumer opportunities and work more efficiently as one company. Therefore, our ambitions are to:
- Drive transversal spends efficiently
- Balance short, mid & long-term agenda with efficiency & sustainability
- Develop principles of circular economy in our key strategic resources
- Provide resources and sourcing for « Manifesto Brands »
To do so, 3 interdependent teams are working together helped by expertise transversal teams.
- Cycles & Operations focus on protecting our essential resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) in collaboration with the local communities.
- One sourcing brings together all the procurement activities of Danone in a unique place.
- PROTEIN is the efficiency program which will generate 1 billion euros in savings by 2020.
By working together and sharing knowledge across functions and business units Resource Efficiency generates more value for the business, our ecosystem and our consumers.
Hit the “apply now” button. Need more information? Please contact me Yael O’Callaghan