Global Sourcing Manufacturing Intern
Are you an ambitious student looking for an opportunity within a Global Sourcing team? Come join us as our Manufacturing Services & Goods team as of August 2020!
About the Job
As Intern, you are part of the Manufacturing Services & Goods team within the broader CAPEX-Manufacturing team , that will support plant operations, in line with the following business needs :
- Co build with business stakeholders (Manufacturing) sourcing solutions to secure reliable daily operations.
- Support continuous improvement and food safety programs through innovative solutions and suppliers performance.
- Deliver competitive sourcing solutions to match collaborative productivity targets.
You will report to the Category Sourcing Manager Manufacturing Services.
As an Intern Global Sourcing Manufacturing, you would be responsible for:
- Category management:
- Support implementation of action plan of PROTEIN productivity program
- Support preparation and negotiation of global pricing for our categories
- Spend analytics; data gathering, refinement, analysis and reporting ( tech enthusiastic)
- Contract: Create OPEX contract template (contract frame, GTCs, all documents)
- Source and benchmark suppliers, support in preparation and running RFP, e-RFQ. E-auctions and negotiations
- Gather and share market intelligence with relevant stakeholder
- Identify & support productivity projects with manufacturing function
- Collaboration with manufacturing function:
- Propose and implement simplification of purchasing and procurement processes with stakeholders
- Identify and recommend best practices to:
- Foster the procurement expertise by categories
- Be client oriented and focused on answering to client business needs
- Bring added value to client through functions such as quality, S&OP, Market Risk Management. Ensure that Danoners can use manufacturing services in best conditions of cost, quality & security
You are a Bachelor/Master student in Business Engineering, Supply Chain or Procurement with strong and proven Excel skills. You have an analytical mindset and a technical affinity, with good (written) communication skills. You are self-driven and enthusiastic while not being afraid to interact and easily connect with your colleagues, nevertheless also do not mind to work independently. Furthermore, you are able to act with agility, speed and pragmatism through your rigorous way of working.
Next to the above, there are also some hard requirements you need to fulfill:
- You are enrolled as a student for the whole period of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written; C1 level required
- You are available to start as of August 2020 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are willing to travel/relocate to Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
Hit the “apply” button now – by the 22nd of May. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: