Global Strategy & Insights Manager Aptamil
As a Global Strategy & Insights Manager you have the chance to challenge the status quo, disrupt, influence and change the way we look at and use insights. You know the difference between a great insight and a powerful insight and how to translate this into our business model.
As Global Strategy & Insights Manager you put parents at the heart of our engagement and innovation model. You lead and implement an insights-driven culture across all layers of the organization and across all initiatives, such as content, activation, innovation and service. In this role you have the chance to challenge the status quo, disrupt, influence and change the way we look at and use insights. You know the difference between a great insight and a powerful insight and how to translate this into our business model.
About the role
As our new Global Strategy & Insights Manager, you will be based at our offices at Schiphol Plaza, right in the heart of our global Operation. This role focusses on our bigges global brand Aptamil within our Early Life Nutrition business unit reporting to our Global Strategy & Insights Director. Your mission is to unlock trends, weak signals and through insights and foresights you will help Early Life Nutrition to build better value propositions and business growth opportunities. You are obsessed about the consumer, and you inject that obsession across all layers of our organization and across all value propositions (innovation, content, activation, service). You know that parents face challenges and experience various unmet needs, you put those conversation at the heart of our engagement and innovation model.
Cutting edge and agile insight methods is what drives you. We can't wait for you to show us new ways of working, new methods, tools and data that can be leveraged. We are in the midst of changing our way of working and would love for you to help take us to the next level. Implementing new processes, tools and methods within an organization is a challenge in itself, you will have to implement and seek alignment and one way of working across 30+ countries, this is your objective and certainly your challenge. You are the voice of our consumer, and you make sure this voice will be heard and acted upon accordingly.
This is a highly visible position within Danone, you will interact with Global and Local Marketing, HealthCare Nutrition and Research & Innovation teams, from managers to VP's and members of our board. Challenge, innovate, convince and find alignment when needed. This role has no direct reports but you will coach local Strategy & Insights managers, and inspire them with your vision on Strategy and Insight trends.
Main Responsibilities & KPIs:
- Lead and strengthen insights internally, improving the speed to market and impact of our innovations;
- Identify where to play along the journey, against which beliefs and which alternatives;
- Develop growth platforms founded in consumers' jobs to be done, pains and gains;
- Proactively align and engage cross-functional stakeholders on the above with insights, foresights, options and recommendations;
- Drive the implement of agile innovation tools and KPIs to use as one language;
- Shape and manage annual insights plan and budget for the double-heart brands;
- Manage and engage the S&I community and challenges status quo.
Needed for success
To be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role we believe you have to have strong expertise in insight and foresight in consumer goods. If you have less than 5 years experience, no track record in driving and committing high level stakeholders into insights and in transforming insights into growth opportunities, this role is not for you. If you are happy to just call an agency, use their reports and present them, then this role is not for you. You have vision and you are able to inspire and influence those around you. You want to be the consumer's voice and you know how to translate that into tangible business opportunities. You have experience in engaging high level stakeholders, break silos and the ability to navigate in a matrix organization. You have a strong appetite for innovation and new ways of working, finding new innovations before they are mainstream. This role requires entrepreneurship, the ability to build trust and think strategically and big picture. The fact that you will help transform the Strategy and Insight function at ELN into an inspiring, impactful inquisitive community of consumer obsessed leaders excites you and makes you want to hit the apply button now.
Skills you bring to the table:
- Strategic thinking, positive and future oriented vision, growth and game-changing mindset
- Team player with good listening skills, flexibility and solution-orientation
- Cutting edge skills in insight mining, social listening, brand management, and leveraging digital tools for instant insights
- Ability to influence and build genuine, trust-based relationships with a broad range of people
- Confidence and comfort challenging the status quo
- Agency experience or other hands-on experience is a plus
But more importantly – many opportunities for next steps in your career. Developing our talent is important to us, empowerment and a can do attitude is what drives us and this is how you can drive your career.
What’s in it for you?
- High visibility within the company
- Large opportunity for Career Development within Danone Nutricia locally and globally
The closing date for this position is 14 May 2018. Part of the process will be a phone screening by the Talent Manager.
Need more information? Please contact me Esther van Aalst on +316 5254 9230 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.