Head of Internal Control
About the Job
As Head of Internal Control for Danone Benelux it’s your challenge to support all management teams and business units (14 BUs) in Danone Benelux to bring their risk and internal control environment to the next level. You do this together with your Internal Control team of 7 colleagues, with a variety of experienced and junior Internal Control colleagues. Our business consists of manufacturing / factories, commercial sales units, a research facility, global procurement and head offices with locations in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Your top 3 challenges:
- Set and implement the Internal Control strategy to improve the risk & control environment; and deploy Danone’s Internal Control Framework to all local Benelux organizations
- Oversee activities of the internal control team and coach the diverse Internal control specialists to help them grow in their everyday activities and to build a strong high-performance team
- Initiate recommendations or improvement projects in business processes & controls. With your stakeholder management skills, you ensure local management supports the improvements and mitigating actions are implemented.
This role will bring you:
- deep business understanding in a very diverse business landscape
- direct exposure to different management teams, challenging & build the internal control system
- being part of our Finance leadership team: we’re working on team fundamentals and are together responsible for growing 55 Danoners
- diversity in activities and ability to drive business value via Internal Control related projects
Join Danone’s business transformation as the new leader for our internal control team. In this role you have great impact in bringing value to our consumers and drive Danone’s social agenda by enabling our business units to improve their risk & control environment.
- You have a master’s degree in in Accounting and Finance or related field with certification such as Registered Accountant/RE / CPA or equivalent;
- You have minimum 10 year relevant working experience, with Big 4 experience in Accounting, Control and/or Risk Management and track record in bringing internal control to a next level and managing diverse teams .
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal & proficient in Dutch
As a person:
- You will bring us your engaging personality in managing stakeholders from all levels of the organization - internally and externally;
- You like innovations and know how to implement latest trends and tools in Internal Control
- You are a decisive person, you have a hands-on mentality and like to work with different people, background and cultures
- You have the capability to see the bigger picture and anticipate impact of changes and events, without losing important details;
- You (and your team) are willing to frequently visit various locations in the Benelux to collaborate closely with the business (approximately 30% travelling)
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Our Internal Control team is part of Business Services Finance, the team of Gijsbert Visser. With 55 colleagues with different nationalities we provide financial business services for all Danone business units in the Benelux. Within Internal Control, you will work with people like Esra Guler, Houda Abdelhabib and Lukas Dumont.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary including bonus (range EUR 90- 110K depending on education, seniority, work experience), car allowance / lease car and benefits like premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
But more importantly, we will invest in your personal development and there is a huge variety of roles within Danone Finance, so based on your talents we will define your best next step! Moreover, you will be working in a highly international environment with the possibilities to work abroad if you are up for it.
Hit the “apply now” button. You have until the closing date of 10 February to apply. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview and first and second round interview. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we ask you kindly to apply directly via our careers website.
Need more information?
Please contact me: