Head of Laboratories
Do you want to be the Leader of our Laboratories?
Mission and responsibilities
To ensure products are tested according defined sampling plans using accredited analytical methods to enable product release in line with business needs. To manage and develop the laboratory teams and drive Supply Point Zoetermeer as a center of excellence for Advanced Medical Nutrition liquid product analysis.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure laboratory analysis is performed according QC and Surveillance sampling plans and report appropriate and reliable data (microbiology, chemical, sensory) of materials and finished products within agreed timings
- Build and optimize laboratory capabilities and services in line with business needs, Danone Analytical Governance standards, Product Compliance and ensure labs operate according financial budget.
- Implement and sustain ongoing accreditation to ISO17025 including surveillance and re-accreditation audits
- Lead and participate in local and/or divisional projects, including Productivity initiatives
- Act as the backup for the Factory Quality Control manager
This role, reporting to the Factory Quality Director, is part of the Supply Point Zoetermeer Quality Leadership Team, has line management over the 3 laboratories (14 FTE’s) and will drive the implementation of SP Zoetermeer as a Center of Excellence for the analysis of liquid products within Nutricia. The role has a good balance between internal and external relations, including the Factory PLT, QFS, R&I, external labs and other Supply Point Quality Teams.
- BSC or MSC degree in food chemistry, food/pharma technology, process engineering or related fields
- 5 years of experience in a laboratory environment, quality, manufacturing function (QS, QA, QC, R&D) in food, pharma or biotechnology
- Knowledge of and experience with analytical methods, ISO 17025, food safety and quality management systems (HACCP, ISO, FSSC, GMP)
- Strong team management skills
- Project management or experience with cross functional projects
- Internal and external audit experience is advantageous
- 5S, six sigma, TPM experience/ knowledge is advantageous
- English Fluent (speaking and writing), Dutch (speaking and writing) is appreciated
What about us
Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition, part of the Medical Nutrition Division of the Group Danone, is European market leader in medical nutrition. The Supply Point in Zoetermeer, with over 450 employees, develops, produces and distributes liquid medical nutrition to 55 countries. Its mission is to bring health through nutritious and affordable food to a vulnerable target group: babies, elderly and sick people. The Supply Point Zoetermeer has realized the last 5 years a sustainable growth of 5-10%.
Are you interested to join us?
Apply directly via the "apply" button. For more information about the position or the procedure please contact Vivian Boers (Corporate Recruiter) via 06-52679228