Head of Legal & Regulatory Affairs
Your mission is to set the legal and compliance strategy for Nutricia Worlwide and to contribute to the business by ensuring compliance with laws and regulations and Danone’s guidelines and policies in a competitive way. You will provide relevant legal support to the development of the company business by implementing innovative and sustainable solutions that match legal compliance and business needs.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a truly international setting and be at the heart of strategic business decisions. Are you ready for this challenge?
About the Job
From our offices in Zoetermeer (Netherlands) a strong business and culture has grown and continues to flourish at Nutricia Worldwide. A unique business within the Danone Early Life Nutrition family. Incubating Early Life Nutrition success everywhere; through our distribution partnership across > 40 countries, spanning 16-time zones from Latin America to Southeast Asia.
We continuously unlock and develop markets. We offer our products to an ever-increasing number of parents all over the world by partnering with local stakeholders.
We operate in 39 markets (Latin America, Balkans, CIS, Mediterranean and Southeast Asia), where we sell well-known brands; Nutrilon, Aptamil, Bebelac, Malyutka among others.
The heart of our success is our people. They are the definition of diversity with cc. 30 different nationalities across 60 employees.
You will have 3 key areas of responsibility:
Legal & Compliance
- Determine the best sustainable legal and compliance strategy of the CBU while taking local regulations and Danone Policies in consideration
- Analyzing legal risks and provide legal advice on any matter impacting CBU business
- Ensuring comprehensive and ongoing knowledge of trends in legal and compliance trends that have a potential impact on the CBU
- Draft a broad variety of contractual agreements (sales, distribution, logistics, ...) in order to secure business sustainability for the company
- Develop legal awareness through training of operational teams and local partners on main legal topics
- Coordinate with corporate functions on anti-corruption, IP, food law, regulatory and compliance matters
- Implement Danone and local policies in the CBU that reduce legal risk and protect the assets of the CBU
- Overseeing management of dispute resolutions and litigation
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
- Establish compliance risk analysis and risk mitigation plans to continuously improve compliance
- Crisis management support to both Nutricia Worldwide and distributors
- Set up and maintain accurate regulatory framework for registration countries
- Manage the team in charge ofthe registration process
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that legal and compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolve
- Manage and support the Regulatory team in validation of product labeling and design, be owner of the Communication Validation Management Process (CVM)
To be successful in this exciting and challenging environment, you have a university law degree and bring 8 to 10 years of experience as a Legal Counsel and Compliance professional in the Food/Pharma/FMCG environment. You have a strong track record in a broad range of corporate topics from company law, contract review to compliance, ideally in a pharmaceutical environment. You are a true business partner with the ability to challenge - but at the same time provide solutions and ideas.
You enjoy working in international environments and across cultures in a matrix organisation, comfortable with ambiguity and flexibility while role modelling the highest integrity standards. You are an energetic team leader and coach who exhibits passion for people growth, engages and aligns all team members.
Furthermore, you have a well-developed business acumen, strong leadership skills and you can proactively communicate and influence at senior levels. Excellent verbal and written English is a prerequisite and good knowledge of Dutch a key advantage.
What’s in it for you?
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
But most importantly – this role provides many opportunities to grow in your next steps within the Legal and Compliance team. Let’s talk about your plans!
Hit the “apply now” button.
Need more information? Please contact me: