Head of Legal R&I
We are looking for a new Head of Legal for our Research & Innovation (R&I) center in Utrecht. You will part of the Legal Growth & Innovation Department and their mission is to support all R&I initiatives with the ambition to innovate faster and in increasingly collaborative ways, drive value creation and favour sustainable business growth.
About the Job
As Head of Legal R&I for the Utrecht Research center, you will manage a team of Legal counsels (3 persons: Legal R&I Counsels, Contract Manager and Team Assistant) dedicated to supporting R&I teams and initiatives in Danone research/Nutricia Research and related specialized centers. In your role, you will interact with all functions within R&I teams, with the Director of Patent Department, the Director of Trademark Department (Legal Growth & Innovation), R&I Finance and R&I Procurement to achieve his mission to support growth & Innovation.
You will represent the Legal function in various R&I forums such as the Clinical Study Steering Committee/Comité d’Etudes Cliniques, Clinical Data Sharing Board/Steering Committee, Communication Committees/Boards, R&I GDPR Working Group/Task forces.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead the operational and strategical legal support to all functions with a focus on R&I teams of the Global Research center within his geographical scope.
- Ensure the daily support, expertise and legal advice to the R&I teams and Research project teams;
- Propose legal solutions and the most appropriate legal tools for R&I projects to innovate faster and in an increasingly collaborative way and embrace digital innovation and tools.
- Draft, negotiate and validate service, collaboration, clinical study, development and partnership agreements.
- Contribute to building the Industrial property strategy of the company (patents, copyright including software and databases, know-how…) for all R&I activities while protecting DANONE’s intellectual property rights and confidentiality.
- Ensure the application of social and environmental fundamental principles as well as the ethical code of business conduct of DANONE which include Compliance rules (Competition, Gifts and hospitalities, Conflicts of interest and GDPR internal policies);
- Partner with procurement teams on purchase of goods and services for R&I.
- Guardian of the R&I Contract Policy
To be successful in this challenging environment you will be a native or highly fluent English speaker (Dutch language is a plus and French language knowledge is also an advantage and we value any other additional language) and you have a university law degree, plus around 8 to 12 of experience and knowledge of data privacy/GDPR, Scientific knowledge with a focus on clinical studies, Intellectual property, strong communication and negotiation skills. You have some background (professional or academic) in commercial contracts, clinical and scientific topics and you are a business partner with the ability to challenge - but at the same time provide solutions and ideas.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
Research & Innovation is at the heart of Danone’s mission: “bringing health through food to as many people as possible”. DANONE Research & Innovation works through a network of 1700 scientists, researchers, developers and engineers located in 40 countries and via many partnerships with the most recognized international scientific communities in their field.
DANONE researchers are split into two Global research sites (Danone Research at Paris-Saclay in France and Danone Nutricia Research at Utrecht in The Netherlands), various specialized Research centers (Danone Research Packaging Center in Evian, France; Precision Nutrition D-Lab in Singapore; Danone Research Fresh Dairy Technological Expertise in Madrid, Spain and Chekhov, Russia, Danone plant-based centers in Denver, USA and Ghent, Belgium) and local R&D branches.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
This is a challenging role, are you ready for that? If your answer is yes, apply today!
Hit the “apply now” button before the 15th of December 2019. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me