Head of Paediatrics
How rewarding and exciting would it be to lead a healthcare sales team, within a dynamic, inspiring and growing category such as Specialized Nutrition?
About the Job
As our Head of Paediatrics, you are part of our Nutricia Specialized Nutrition Belux sales team. You are responsible to lead the Pediatric Healthcare Nutrition Solution team in charge of generating demand (prescription), as well as the strategic pharmacy channel in charge of the fulfillment for the full Nutricia portfolio (Adult & Paediatrics) in the context of changing landscape (chains, group, e-commerce, BtB).
You report to the General Manager and your main responsibilities are the following:
- Lead the new Paediatrics organization sustainable implementation to become more commercial value-driven and foster competitive mindset in a more a more challenging market,
- Feed & co-develop Paediatrics strategic & action plan with Business Activation teams and ensure top execution based on local & regional ecosystem knowledge,
- Step up KAM capability to take benefit from fast moving pharmacy chains / online growth and secure business with independent pharmacies,
- Drive a real change in the pharmacy team in terms of getting contracts, orders, while the demand generation can be done by others in the team,
- Create and implement the new Route to Market (RTM) in terms of pharmacy channel,
- Reshape current RTM community into more agility & value creation model.
To co-design a long-term vision and strategy for the category and at the same time drive your sales team towards excellence in execution?
For this role, you have a university/master’s degree in marketing, economics or business and at least 10-year relevant experience within sales in healthcare, pharma or retail industry. You are proficient in Dutch, French and English.
Besides, you also need to:
- Have successful track record in leading a medium Business Unit or complex sales organization with P&L responsibility and in commercial management (sales & marketing),
- Have strong business acumen and be economically and analytically solid,
- Be an Inspiring Communicator, possessing very strong communication skills and being able to distil complexity to simple and actionable detail,
- Have the ability to maximize the potential in other people, lead/develop people and organizations to effective and high performing teams,
- Have cross-functional skills and the ability to foster collaboration,
- Have the ability to build networks, manage and leverage relationships with stakeholders (internally & externally) and with Key Opinion Leaders,
- Have a strong positive leadership style and strategic vision to challenge the status quo, drive meaningful change and develop long term vision and strategies.
Dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible, Danone is a leading global food & beverage company building on health-focused and fast-growing categories in three businesses: Essential Dairy & Plant-Based Products, Waters and Specialized Nutrition. Danone aims to inspire healthier and more sustainable eating and drinking practices, in line with its ‘One Planet. One Health’ vision which reflects a strong belief that the health of people and that of the planet are interconnected.
In the Benelux, Danone Specialized Nutrition business operates under the Nutricia brand.
You join the sales team of Nutricia Specialized Nutrition division. Since 1896, Nutricia has pioneered nutritional solutions that help people live longer, more joyful and healthier lives. Building on more than a century of research and innovation, Nutricia has harnessed the power of life-changing and life-saving nutrition to create a leading specialized nutrition portfolio that can change a health trajectory for life. With its nutritional solutions, Nutricia supports healthy growth and development during the first 1000 days and helps to address some of the world’s biggest health challenges; pre-term birth, faltering growth, food allergy, rare metabolic diseases, age-related conditions and chronic disease, such as frailty, cancer, stroke and early Alzheimer’s disease.
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 29 days annual leave and health insurance.
But more importantly, this role will give you a solid basis and a gateway to empower your career within Danone, in either the sales environment or towards a next role in other departments closely related to this function.
We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
Hit the “apply now” button. We strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview, followed by interviews in our office in Brussels (Docks).
For more information, please contact me: