Head of Retail
About the Job
As our Head of Retail you lead and drive the development of the Retail Channel from customer management to great execution of the strategic initiatives of the company. You are responsible to develop a long-term vision of the Retail channel. You report directly to the Sales Director Belgium within Sales department. In this very challenging and dynamic job you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Propose and validate strategic direction on Retail Channel development with Sales Director, CODI and Central Teams
- Provide customer understanding, capture insights, new trends, opportunities and threats
- Push strategic alignment and partnership with Retailers
- Co-build and challenge Brand Strategies by integrating upstream customer strategies or channel specific insights
- Lead 2 Key Account Managers to develop strong Business Development Plans with retailers
- Lead the Sales Force team to perfect implementation of plans at stores level
- Recruit, Coach & Develop a high performing team.
We are looking for someone who is a real people manager and has a proven track record in leading a team within the FMCG Retail Sales. You have analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and a can-do attitude.
For this role, you need to
- Have a university/master degree in marketing, economics or other business orientation background
- Have a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience within sales, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in FMCG Retail Sales.
- Have a strong experience in negotiation with Key Retail players in Belgium
- Have a strong leadership and strategic vision (for the retail channel)
- Have field experience in FMCG
- Have a great ability to lead, energize and develop performing teams
- Have excellent interpersonal skills; which means an ability to communicate efficiently with different levels and types of profiles
- Be proficient in French, Dutch and English
At Danone, we are dedicated to achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world - as many people as possible.
Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition is one of the main players on the baby food market. Today he is the European leader within the Baby Food industry specialized in food helping babies and children (0-3 years) having a healthier growth and development, thanks to a widely spread range of worthy products easy in use and offering a higher nutritive value. In Belgium, Nutricia is responsible for this specific market, with great products such as Nutrilon and Olvarit.
Hit the “apply now” button. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview; 1st round and 2nd round interview that will be held in our offices in Brussels.
Need more information?