Head of Retail
How rewarding and exciting would it be to be the leader of a Retail team for one of the most appreciated FMCG companies in Belgium? To drive your sales team towards excellence in execution and to create strong joint business plans with key retailers? To co-design a long-term vision and strategy for the category and at the same time grow & coach your team?
These are some of the challenges you could soon take on at Danone. Are you up for it? If you feel strong and enthusiastic enough for this challenging opportunity, apply now and become the new Head of Retail Belux for our Dairy division in Belgium.
About the Job
As Head of Retail you lead and drive the development of the Retail Channel for the Danone Dairy Business in Belux. You lead a team of Key Account Managers and Field Manager and you report directly into the Market Director for Danone Dairy BeLux.
You are a member of the Dairy Market Leadership Team, which determines local strategy and priorities to bring the Belgian Dairy business back to growth.
Concretely, you will bring value by…
- Achieving sustainable growth and hitting sales objectives (turn-over and profitability),
- Designing and implementing a long-term shopper-focused commercial strategy in line with the company objectives, the retailers' expectations and the category vision. And this, across all relevant touch points (types of stores / channels),
- Developing the commercial long-term collaboration with retailers as shopper & category expert leading to strong joint business plans which you lead, track & correct,
- Translating the business plans with your team into great execution across the stores, constantly measured and improved where possible,
- Leading, motivating and coaching a team of 17 team members, of which 6 are direct reports,
- Being a key driving force for the success of Danone in the Belgium market, as member of the Belux Leadership Team.
For this role, you have a university/master’s degree in marketing, economics or business and at least 10-year relevant experience within sales, on which min 5 within FMCG Retail. You are proficient in Dutch, French and English.
To be successful, we believe our ideal candidate also needs to have:
- A proven track record in leading a team within the FMCG Retail Sales and a great ability to energize and develop performing teams,
- A strong positive leadership style and strategic vision (for the retail channel) to challenge the status quo, drive meaningful change and develop long term vision and strategies,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the power to collaborate and communicate efficiently with all functions, at all levels both internally and externally,
- A solid experience in negotiation with Key Retail players in Belgium,
- Strong analytical skills to be able to quickly interpret data and transform them into recommendation and growth plans.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
You join an enthusiastic sales team with diverse personality and background: ambitious KAMs driving their business forward, committed Field Manager and Reps with a strong willingness, supported by experienced and dedicated Sales Assistants!
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a good primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave, discounts on a collective health insurance and our Danone products.
But more importantly, join a company where you can learn and grow. This role will give you a strong basis to continue your career in either the sales environment or towards a next role in other departments closely related to this function.
Hit the “apply now” button. Part of the recruitment process will be a phone interview followed interviews in our office in Brussels (Docks).
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our career’s website.
Need more information? Please contact: