Head of Strategy & Insights Manager Core Miks & GUM
As Head of Strategy & Insights Core Milks & GUM you have the chance to challenge the status quo, disrupt, influence and change the way we look at and use insights. You know the difference between a great insight and a powerful insight and how to translate this into our business model.
About the Role
This role focusses on our biggest category within our Specialized Nutrition business unit, reporting to our Global Strategy & Insights Director (the Global Strategy & Insights reports directly to the global CGO of Specialized Nutrition) .
Your mission is to unlock innovation, brand positioning and communication, through insights and foresights: you will help building better value propositions and develop business growth opportunities through the deep understanding of parents for the Core milks category. You are obsessed about the consumer, and you inject that obsession across all layers of our organization and across all value propositions (innovation, content, activation, service). You know that parents face challenges and experience various unmet needs, you put those conversation at the heart of our engagement and innovation model, you bring a strategic perspective with an integrated point of view, using multiple sources of information, across brands.
Cutting edge and agile insight methods is what drives you. We can't wait for you to show us new ways of working, new methods, tools and data that can be leveraged. We are in the mindset of changing our way of working and would love for you to help take us to the next level. Implementing design thinking, growth hacking, direct connection with consumer tribes, while putting the strategic objective at the heart of the tools recommendation.
You will seek alignment and co-build one way of working across 30+ countries, this is your objective and certainly your challenge. You are the voice of our consumer, and you make sure this voice will be heard and acted upon accordingly.
This is a highly visible position within Danone, you will interact with Global and Local Marketing, HealthCare Nutrition and Research & Innovation teams, from managers to VP's and members of our board. Challenge, innovate, convince and find alignment when needed. This role has one direct report and you will coach local Strategy & Insights managers, and inspire them with your vision on the category.
Main Responsibilities & KPIs
- Lead and strengthen insights internally on the Core Milks Category, improving the speed to market and impact of our innovations;
- Identify where to play along the journey, against which beliefs and which alternatives;
- Develop growth platforms founded in consumers' jobs to be done, pains and gains;
- Proactively align and engage cross-functional stakeholders on the above with insights, foresights, options and recommendations;
- Use agile innovation tools and aligned KPIs to use as one language;
- Shape and manage annual insights plan and budget for core milks category;
- Manage and engage the S&I community through project and challenges status quo.
Needed for Success
To be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role we believe you have to have strong expertise in insight and foresight in consumer goods. If you have less than 10 years experience, no track record in driving and committing high level stakeholders into insights and in transforming insights into growth opportunities, this role is not for you. If you are happy to just call an agency, use their reports and present them, then this role is not for you. If you do not like to ‘put your hand dirty’ launching interacting directly with consumer and analyzing yourself the output, the role is not for you.
You have vision and you are able to inspire and influence those around you. You want to be the consumer's voice and you know how to translate that into tangible business opportunities. You have experience in engaging high level stakeholders, break silos and the ability to navigate in a matrix organization. You have a strong appetite for innovation and new ways of working, finding new innovations before they are mainstream. This role requires entrepreneurship, the ability to build trust and think strategically and big picture. The fact that you will help transform the Strategy and Insight function at Specialized Nutrition into an inspiring, impactful inquisitive community of consumer obsessed leaders excites you and makes you want to hit the apply button now.
Skills you bring to the table
- Strategic thinking, positive and future oriented vision, growth and game-changing mindset
- Team player with good listening skills, flexibility and solution-orientation
- Cutting edge skills in insight mining, social listening, brand management, and leveraging digital tools for instant insights
- Ability to deal with multiple sources of information and summarize the learnings to turn it into action.
- Ability to influence and build genuine, trust-based relationships with a broad range of people
- Confidence and comfort challenging the status quo
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Hit the “apply now” button. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Esther van Aalst, Talent Manager via email@example.com or via whatsapp.