Data Analytics Intern
Are you our Harry Potter who can do magic with HR analytics and help us to the next level?
We have a brand new Shared Service Centre in the Benelux for HR, IT, Finance and General Secretary, based in Zoetermeer. Within the HR Shared Services, a complete new department has been created which is called the Talent Team. And what is our mission? We want to build a company which respects everyone's uniqueness & develops each talent to the maximum, through a meaningful journey, to contribute to a healthier world. So we know where we are heading for, but to be most effective, we also need have all visibility on where we come from. And therefore we need you.
Your mission will be to crunch the data that we have from the past years to help us setting Talent strategy for the future. The values of Danone are strongly embedded in our organization, and therefore everyone will "live" them day by day. 'Empowerment' is one of them, which means that you as an intern get lots of responsibilities and the unique chance to gather knowledge and insights for your own future career.
You are responsible for giving it your best:
So what will be the responsibilities that you will get?
- Translating our strategic questions on Talent into quantifiable answers
- Setting interesting hypotheses and testing them on the data that we have
- Finding non obvious correlations between different criteria in the data that we have
Does this sound too much like number crunching to you? This is definitely the focus but this is not where your mission will stop, because you will you will also be supporting the talent team in translating the data into strategy and tangible actions. Actions such as reporting which can be understood by everyone who reads it and a KPI dashboard which is even better than the dashboard of the newest Ferrari.
This role will bring you:
- A fantastic experience to gather input for your thesis
- The challenge to be part of setting up and designing reporting and analytics standards such as a KPI dashboard and standard reporting tools
- The chance to work in a very big and complex, international organization
- The opportunity to experience in practice how the right approach to and interpretation of data contributes to strategic decision making and long term actions
Who are we looking for?
The Harry Potter of Excel. You're a magician with graphs, pivot tables, Visual Basics and Excel doesn't have any secrets for you (or you are at least able to reveal them). You embrace systems as if they are your best friend since you see that its input can be leveraged to take the right decision. In addition we look for someone who:
- Has a bachelor/university degree in for example econometrics, statistics or psychology or information management
- Can present data in a way that your grandma would understand it as well
- Is motivated by team and collective success
- Is curious and analytical
- Is passionate about data
- Is not only doing what is being asked, but also anticipates on the questions that might come next
- Can start end of August 2018, 6 months, at least 3 days a week.
Did we just describe the internship you are looking for? Hit the “apply now” button as soon as possible. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview with the Talent Manager, and a second round interview with your potential future manager.
If you need more information about this job, please contact the recruiter below.