Human Milk and Breastfeeding Science Intern
Are you passionate about Research and Innovation? Are you excited to put into practice your communication skills and gain experience in a multinational and famous company, like Danone? Then, apply now to join us as our new Human Milk and Breastfeeding Science Intern as of March 2021 at our office in Utrecht, NL!
About the Job
We are looking for an intern who will work within the Human Milk Research and Analytical Science team of the Specialized Nutrition division of Danone Nutricia Research. This team aims to support breastfeeding by understanding the complexity and variability of human milk, and the benefits it brings to the infant.
So, what will be your key responsibilities?
- To perform a broad scientific literature search on human milk and breastfeeding (e.g. breastfeeding benefits, human milk composition, milk evolution) in order to reinforce existing materials and further build and launch various new communication visuals and tools;
- To directly support our business by providing key insights for our communication strategy on human milk research and to select the most engaging and effective form of communication, for example by conducting interviews or running a survey among Danone Nutricia Research employees;
- Ad-hoc Scientific contribution to various topics (e.g. maternal diet and breastfeeding practices);
- To interact and communicate with different departments within Danone Nutricia Research;
- Hands-on support to the team when needed.
We are looking for a Master student in Food Science, Nutritional Science, Biomedical Science or in a relevant discipline, with passion for infant nutrition and strong communication skills. Able to work autonomously in a complex and high paced work environment, act proactively, and effectively communicate with different stakeholders. You are not afraid to take initiative and speak up while reporting back high-quality outputs to the Human Milk Research project lead on a regular basis. You are a fast learning person, thriving in a team setting with creative thinking and a ‘Can do’ mindset.
In addition, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are enrolled as a Masters student for the whole duration of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen then you must be enrolled at a Dutch university)
- You are fluent in English – written and verbal
- You are able to work from home for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic and you are willing to relocate/travel to Utrecht, NL for at least 1 day/week when the Covid-19 situation allows us to go back into the office
- You are available to start between March and May 2021 for minimum of 6 months for 4-5 days a week
- You must acquire a BSN number to be able to complete this internship
Do things your way. The way you work, the way you develop, the way you progress, it’s all up to you. Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself.
Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
As our new intern, you will join a welcoming team, where you will be able to interact with people from multiple backgrounds and experience a dynamic environment. During your internship, you will work in the Human Milk Research and Analytical Science team and will be closely supervised by a Science Project Leader. This internship offers a mix of experience to learn from in an environment where autonomy, flexibility and accountability are important values within the team’s culture.
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
By joining this team, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly multinational environment where you will meet inspiring people every day while taking full ownership of your work! Your supervisors and colleagues will guide you and provide you with real challenges and responsibilities through which you will develop your skills and extend your knowledge on human milk and breastfeeding. In addition to this, you will be in communication with multiple stakeholders, which is a great opportunity to build up a network for the future and a great step to kickstart your career.
We offer a gross monthly internship allowance of 450 (HBO students) or 550 (University students) euros per month plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands.
Hit the “apply now” button – you have until the 25th of January to apply. The recruitment process for internships is as follows: Stage One – submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter; Stage Two – we will get to know you better through answering some questions which you will submit through video (or a written) format; Stage Three – we will invite you to an interview with your team. Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
If you have any questions, please contact me.