Intern Growth & Innovation controlling
Are you a student passionate about Financial Controlling and eager to put your skills to the test in a global team? Come join us as our new Growth & Innovation Controlling Intern at our office in Hoofddorp, NL!
About the Job
We are looking for an intern to support the Growth & Innovation Controlling team in the newly merged Specialized Nutrition unit of Danone. This highly motivated and international team of 6 people will help you integrate into the corporate world of Growth and Innovation Controlling. Although this team is a global team, they work with many regional and local stakeholders along with the global HQ. Their main goal is being a valued Finance business partner for the Global Sales & Marketing teams. Support Topline teams in defining their strategy, and in maximizing profitable growth via the right prioritization and resource allocation.
Your main responsibilities can be divided among these two scopes:
- Global & Central Advertising & Promotion costs
- Animate the Global A&P and manage directly the Central A&P costs (Actual/RF)
- Support on Daily A&P tasks (PO approval, communication with budget owners on A&P related topics)
- Support on A&P monthly closing/forecasting: Recharge/Accrual/Rolling forecast /understanding of business content for the deviation between Actual vs RF
- Customer & Channel Reporting
- Analysis, consolidation and animation of the Net Sales/CO/CM performance of the SN CBU’s for Customer & Channel and monitoring the rolling forecast execution and financial performance with effective follow up on deviations, gap analysis and opportunities identification
- Deliver insights in the net sales evolution, profitability and the mix of the Customer & Channel of the division worldwide
- Executes ad-hoc
- Connects with and support the CBU’s regarding reporting topics and creates a network with the CBU’s Growth controllers
We are searching for a candidate with an analytical mindset, who’s able to deep dive into excel spreadsheets for efficient analysis. Additionally, your eye for detail and logical mindset allows you to spot critical information in the data provided, supporting you in gathering useful insights that can be transformed into solutions. You are a fast learner, team player, have positive energy and ability to prioritize to always meet deadlines. You are not afraid to challenge situations and bring your own ideas forward in order to act proactively in a fast-paced environment. Your strong communication skills enable you to have clear and effective communication with stakeholders. Strong Excel (model development, Pivot Tables, function/formula understanding) and Power point skills are preferred.
In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are enrolled as a Bachelor/Masters student of a Business/Finance/Economics study for the entire duration of the internship (If you are a non-EU citizen then you must be enrolled at a Dutch university)
- You are fluent in English – written and verbal
- You are willing to travel/relocate to Hoofddorp, NL
- You are available as soon as possible for a minimum of 5-6 months, 4-5 days a week
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
What is in it for you?
As our new Growth & Innovation Controlling Intern you will have the opportunity to be fully emerged in the challenging Financial Controlling environment and appear as a key business partner to the teams. This fast paced environment will keep you engaged in various tasks throughout the entire internship, allowing you to learn different aspects of this function. Through data analysis of a large data base you will learn how to efficiently highlight the key points of the information and learn how to present this raw analysis as comprehensive and logical results. Additionally, you will be fully emerged in this international and diverse environment by connecting with stakeholders from all over the world. You will have the chance to further develop your analysis, communication, and presentation skills preparing you for your future career opportunities.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
Hit the “apply” button now – the sooner, the better. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: