Intern Metabolism Scientist
Are you passionate about delivering the best nutritional solutions to patients? Do you want to gain experience working for a multinational company? Then apply now for this internship and join us as of September 2019, you will be part of our Metabolics team based in Utrecht, NL.
About the Job
You will support the Metabolics team by investigating the nutritional challenges of patients with an inborn error of metabolism. The therapeutic area of inborn errors of metabolism is both complex and competitive. Medical nutrition is an important part of the treatment for patients with those genetic disorders where specific nutrients cannot be metabolized. The intern will build knowledge around disease management through a comprehensive literature review and will support the development of a new nutritional concept to improve patients’ dietary treatment.
So, what will you do in practice?
- Identify innovation opportunities
- Develop a new nutritional concept in the area of inborn error of metabolism
- Learn how to build search strings that answers your research questions
- Review the literature and extract the relevant data
- Summarize the data in a comprehensive report
- Work in a multidisciplinary team and communicate with various experts internally.
We are looking for a Master’s student in Biomedical Sciences, Nutrition & Health, Dietetics or Health Food Innovation Management with affinity for Medical Nutrition.
- You are motivated and proactive person who possesses a good sense of ownership of the project in order to bring it to a successful completion;
- You are analytical and well-organised and you can work rigorously and independently;
- You are able to apply your critical thinking;
- You have excellent English communication skills (both written and oral).
Some hard requirements:
- You are enrolled at a university during the whole period of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You can start in September 2019 for a minimum of 4 months (5 days per week);
- You are willing to travel or to relocate to Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
Are you interested? Then hit the “apply now” button and upload your CV and Cover Letter! You have until the end of August 2019. The recruitment process will consist of a first telephone interview and a second in-depth interview.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me via email: Georgia.CHATZINA@danone.com