Internal Control Intern
Are you looking to understand the inner working of a multinational company while developing your IT/Finance skills? Are you a self-starter with a ‘Can do’ mindset, who likes to play around with spreadsheets? Then come and join at our office in Zoetermeer (NL), as our new Internal Control IT/SoD Intern at Danone!
About the Job
You will join the Cluster Business Services (CBS) Finance team working for the Benelux. Specifically You will be working with 10 other international Danoners, primarily located in Zoetermeer, NL. By joining this team you will support in day-to-day activities and projects specifically in connection to the Segregation of Duties (SoD) of financial systems. This will be done by supporting the Internal Control team in controls testing and updating control information and data, including reporting to Management.
As our Internal Control Intern, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform authorizations reviews of internal systems and processes, and support the enhancement of the Segregation of Duties (SoD) principles in the organization;
- Ensure internal Segregation of Duties policy is applied by resolving conflicts and/or making sure that appropriate mitigation controls are in place;
- Test systems and application of controls to confirm process efficiency and compliance;
- Evaluate and analyze data in systems and processes for improvement purposes, in line with internal policies and Internal Control framework;
- Communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders (e.g. business groups cross-entities) in order to
- maintain their IC/SoD/IT knowledge, through accurate internal documentation of best practices and common issues;
We are looking for a HBO/Bachelor/Master student in Finance, Business Administration & Business Information Management/IT, with strong analytical skills in Excel and an eye for detail, enabling you to both use and analyze data accurately. You have the affinity for IT processes and ERP systems (e.g. SAP) and are eager to learn more about this field. You are an open and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate the results of your analysis by connecting to your colleague in the factories and business units. You are an organized and goal-oriented person who is able to work autonomously but also not afraid to proactively reach out to people when necessary. You are defined as self-starter and team-player with a ‘Can do’ mindset.
- Knowledge of SAP will be considered as a plus.
- A previous internship/work experience is appreciated
There are also some compulsory requirements:
- You are an enrolled Bachelor/Master student in Business or a relevant field (nonEU citizens are only eligible to apply if they are enrolled in a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English– oral and written; French or Dutch is considered as a plus;
- You can start as soon as possible for at least 5-6 months, 4-5 days per week;
- You are able to work in Zoetermeer, the Netherlands;
- This internship position is not suitable to perform your thesis (assignment).
What’s in it for you?
By joining us here at Danone, you will have the opportunity to learn from an energetic and international Team within our Finance department. Not only will you further deepen your knowledge regarding processes and systems that you may already be familiar with but also discover the importance of Segregation of Duties (SoD) within a large international corporation. Specifically the significant contribution SoD makes to a strong Internal Control environment as well as its overall financial impact.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Hit the “apply now” button. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Elin ANDREN ERIKSSON via firstname.lastname@example.org