Internal Controller - Finance Benelux
We’re looking for a professional working in auditing, consultancy or internal control, who is ready for a career change to our Danone Finance Benelux team! This Internal Controller role is the perfect switch for you to grow your Danone career.
About the Job
Your mission is to support the Danone Benelux business units and services with process & control evaluations and to drive improvements as a member of the CBS Internal Control team. The CBS Internal Control team consists of the Head of Internal Control and 10 people in the team (Internal Controller Managers, Internal Controllers and Interns).
In this role, your assignment will focus on multiple business units and business services within our Benelux organisation where you will bring their internal control environment and quality to the next level. While the work is largely based in Zoetermeer, you will also have the opportunity to visit our Brussels office and other locations in the Netherlands. You will be part of a diverse team in Zoetermeer of 10 people with different expertise and backgrounds.
In more detail, this means the following for your responsibilities and activities:
- You are responsible for risk & internal control activities for several Danone/Nutricia Business Units. Each Business Unit has its characteristics and is located at different locations throughout the Benelux;
- You perform process & controls testing to identify the potential risks, control weaknesses or opportunities for improvement;
- You proactively initiate recommendations or projects to drive improvements in business processes & controls;
- You will translate the Danone Global Internal Control framework to local practices and implement a strong risk & control system within our business units;
- You co-develop and organize internal control related pieces of training;
- You report risks, observations and recommendations to management and your stakeholders;
- You review and update process & controls descriptions and procedures;
- You evaluate and analyze data in systems and processes for improvement purposes.
We want to offer you the possibility to learn the fundamentals of our Internal Control practices and join us in the ambitions for further increasing the maturity level of our risk & control practices in Danone Benelux!
To be successful in this role, you have a relevant Academic background in Finance, IT (Business Information Technology, Operational Auditing) or Accountancy or ACCA/CPA equivalent); you will bring 3-5 years working experience in an Auditing, Internal Control role or Process Improvements and knowledge and experience with processes and controls in the area of Intercompany, Financial Control (FP&A), Human Resources, General Services (including Compliance/GDPR) will be considered as a plus.
We will welcome an open-minded, reliable, proactive and team-oriented person. Strong communication and technical skills are required to connect to other finance teams and have the capability to see the bigger picture and anticipate the impact of changes and events.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now”. To comply with GDPR, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: