Demand Planning Internship
About the job
During this internship, you will focus on two aspects within demand planning: daily planning and continuous improvement.
First of all, you will give daily support to the demand planner in Belgium to help with assuring sufficient stock levels at all time. In practice, you will:
- Support in forecasting for short and midterm horizon taking into account base development, trends, seasonality and events forecasting
- Communicate with the Marketing & Sales teams to ensure transparency and to provide a clear overlook of the business;
- Assist on proper communication of the forecast / changes to all supplying factories, making sure they can deliver on time and maintain all KPI’s agreed within the Service level agreements.
Secondly, you will focus on continuous improvement of the process flow and output. This means you will focus on
- Co-create reporting for extra analysis,
- Develop an easy access to data in order to drive business KPIs
You will have the freedom to come up with ideas and implement them. This gives you the change to really make an impact as an intern at Danone!
Are you a student with an analytical mindset, looking for an internship to learn more about Demand Planning and want to have a real added value by working on continuous improvement?
About the team
You will work in the Supply Chain team of Advanced Medical Nutrition team for the Benelux and you are based in Zoetermeer, NL. The team consist 3 colleagues with different levels of seniority, who all will help you developing in the best way possible. Your day to day manager is the demand planner in Netherlands. There is a flat hierarchy and you have full access from the start to the business. This will give you a lot of challenges and learning opportunities, but you will have full support from your colleagues.
So, who are we looking for? You must be an open and adaptive person with an excellent analytical mindset. You are confident to work autonomously, but have no problem working with the team. You like to push your analytical skills to the fullest as you will play with data a lot. In able to do this, you already have excellent knowledge of Excel. It would be great if you already have an experience in supply chain, i.e. an internship or side job.
There are also some hard requirements that you should consider:
- You are a Bachelor/Master student in Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering and enrolled during the whole duration of the internship;
- You are fluent in English – oral and written, Dutch and/or French are a plus;
- You can start in April 2018 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days a week;
- Travelling to Belgium during the internship
Did we just describe the internship you are looking for? Hit the ‘apply now’ button. For more information, contact Denisa Galaskova.