Internship: Financial Planning and Analysis
Do you want the opportunity to learn more about finance in a global corporation, while developing your analytical and communication skills? Apply now and join us as our new Financial Planning and Analysis Intern in Hoofddorp, Netherlands, starting April 2021!
About the Job
Our Financial Planning and Analysis team within our Cycles & Procurement department is currently looking for a highly enthusiastic FP&A Intern who is going to support the FP&A team in the preparation of the financial statements of the newly deployed Danone factories under the global buy and sell model. You will be involved in the design and implementation of Key Performance Indicators for our CBU, and assist in ad-hoc financial analysis along our journey to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Cash Flow Statement for Deployments:
- Partner with the Deployment Team to ensure correctness and transparency of the financial data used in the forecast of the financial statements for new deployments
- Prepare the cash flow statement for newly deployed Danone factories under the global buy and sell model
- Analyze cash flow variances between actual and forecast and use the insights to enhance the forecasting process
- Design and Implement DanTrade Key Performance Indicators:
- Design and ensure that the DanTrade financial dashboards are updated in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner
- Effective communication of the DanTrade key performance indicators to management to drive operational excellence throughout the company
- Ad-hoc Financial Analysis:
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis to aid in the strategic decision making and give more insight into the DanTrade business model
- Assist the DanTrade FP&A team during the month-end closing and rolling forecast process
You are a Bachelors/Masters student in Finance or another related field. You have strong analytical skills with a great eye for details. You have strong Excel skills and are able to analyze data in order to connect the dots to understand the big picture. Your willingness to learn and adapt will be beneficial in this fast paced environment, allowing you to keep up with the challenges you may face. You have solid communication skills and will be able to successfully present your findings to your team.
Next to this, there are also some compulsory requirements:
- Enrolled as a student during the whole internship period (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- Ideally available to start in April 2021 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written;
- You are able to work from Hoofddorp, NL if the COVID-19 situation allows us to go to the office.
Do things your way. The way you work, the way you develop, the way you progress, it’s all up to you. Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities.
Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.
Cycles and Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what and how we source, we shape the world in which we operate, and we build the future for Danone. Within Cycles and Procurement, you will join the FP&A team, which is composed of more than 20 nationalities. You will work in an open team with approachable people who will guide you and provide you with challenges to get the most out of this experience. During your internship, you will be closely supervised by Aleksandar Zdravkovski (Finance Manager C&P).
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn. As our new FP&A Intern, you will get the experience of working at the Global Headquarters of Danone, and you will get to build up your network within the company.
We offer a gross monthly internship allowance* of 450 (HBO students) or 550 (University students) euros per month and a contribution towards travel if required. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
* Please be aware that you must acquire a BSN number to receive the full internship allowance.
Hit the “apply now” button. You have until the closing date 22nd February 2021 to apply, however as we screen candidates on a regular basis we recommend you apply as soon as possible. The recruitment process for internships is as follows: Stage One – submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter; Stage Two – we will get to know you better through answering some questions which you will submit through video (or a written) format; Stage Three – we will invite you to an interview with your team. Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me, Eugenia Bouzas (Talent Recruitment Intern) via email@example.com