Internship - Global Medical Affairs
Are you excited to gain experience in a multinational company, like Danone? Are you a curious and eager student interested in learning more about how our Medical Nutrition makes an impact in another person’s life? Then, apply now to join us as our new Global Medical Affairs Intern as of 1st of March 2021 at our office in Hoofddorp, NL!
About the Job
We are looking for an intern who will work within the Global Medical Affairs team of the Medical and Scientific Affairs department of Danone with a global reach, meaning interaction with countries around the world. The main goal of this team is to raise awareness on the value of medical nutrition, leverage data on our products through science communication, and engage with internal and external stakeholders, ranging from marketing and regulatory teams within Danone to Healthcare Professionals and patients. You will be expected to work on projects across the neurology therapeutic area (TA) which covers Stroke and Alzheimer's disease (AD).
So, what will be your key responsibilities?
- Co-develop (with cross-functional colleagues) tools and scientific communication messages, based on existing evidence, that can be used at a country level
- Interact and communicate with different departments within Danone
- Overview of new/latest evidence for stroke and AD conditions as well as relevant products to enrich/ complement the existing story lines.
- Perform any other literature search and review (on demand)
- Co-lead the development of patient surveys in AD and Stroke
- Co-develop nutritional rationales of Neurology TA relevant products
- Co-develop with the Medical Affairs Managers mapping and engagement plans for Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)/stakeholders, also in close collaboration with Medical colleagues around the world
- Make consistent slide decks on country-global projects
- Make country engagement dashboards
We are looking for a Bachelor/Master student in Biology, Food Science, Nutritional Science, Biomedical Science or in a relevant discipline, with strong Microsoft office skills. Able to work autonomously in a complex and high paced work environment, act proactively, and effectively communicate with different stakeholders. You are an energetic person who is not afraid to take initiative and speak up while you have an eye for detail to ensure a smooth execution of tasks from the beginning to end. You are a fast learning person, thriving in a team setting with a ‘Can do’ mindset.
In addition, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are enrolled as a student for the whole duration of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen then you must be enrolled at a Dutch university)
- You are fluent in English – written and verbal; other languages are an asset
- You are able to work from home for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic and you are willing to relocate/travel to Hoofddorp, NL when the Covid-19 situation allows us to go back into the office
- You are available to start 1st of March 2021 for minimum of 6 months (preferably longer; 9 months) for 5 days a week
- You must acquire a BSN number to be able to complete this internship
Do things your way. The way you work, the way you develop, the way you progress, it’s all up to you. Working here you’ll need to enjoy a fast-pace, complexity and it can get a little challenging. But it’s packed with opportunities. You’ll work with some of the best-known brands in the world, such as Evian, Nutricia, Activia and Nutrilon and we absolutely guarantee that you can just be yourself.
Be innovative and entrepreneurial and the impact you could make might just amaze you. Join our movement for a healthier world. One Planet One HealthBY YOU.
The Medical function is growing and evolving, and is increasingly in the spotlight as the medical nutrition division recognizes the need to "medicalize". As our new intern, you will join a welcoming team, where you will be able to interact with people from multiple backgrounds and experience a dynamic environment. During your internship, you will work in the Global Medical Affairs team and will work closely with 2 Medical Affairs managers and a Medical Director. This internship offers a mix of experience to learn from in an environment where autonomy, flexibility and accountability are important values within the team’s culture.
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
By joining this team, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly multinational environment where you will meet inspiring people every day while taking full ownership of your work! Your supervisors and colleagues will guide you and provide you with real challenges and responsibilities through which you will develop your skills and extend your knowledge on science communication. In addition to this, you will be in contact with multiple stakeholders, which is a great opportunity to build up a network for the future and a great step to kickstart your career.
We offer a gross monthly internship allowance of 450 (HBO students) or 550 (University students) euros per month plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands.
Hit the “apply now” button – you have until the 27th of January to apply. The recruitment process for internships is as follows: Stage One – submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter; Stage Two – we will get to know you better through answering some questions which you will submit through video (or a written) format; Stage Three – we will invite you to an interview with your team. Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
If you have any questions, please contact me.