Internship - Global Purchasing (Shopper Activities), August 2019
About the Job
You will be part of the Global Marketing Services Procurement Team part of the Cycles & Procurement organization based in Hoofddorp (close to Amsterdam), Netherlands and support the Global Shopper sourcing team on different activities. Your scope will mainly cover the Shopper Activities within the Indirect Procurement across all 4 divisions and address within other subcategories Packaging design and Graphic Chain, Point of Sales Materials, Promotional Objects, Coolers and Licensing.
Your main missions are divided into three buckets:
1. Protein Productivity/ smart spending program implementation:
- Produce reports of Protein levers for Shopper Activities within the clusters/ regions/ WBUs;
- Support local procurement teams on building business cases and embarking stakeholders.
- Conduct market analysis and benchmarks;
- Support developing & aligning new global sourcing strategy across divisions and countries, and implement new processes and tools for Coolers and Point of Sales Materials;
- Support on global & regional projects for Promotional Objects and Graphic Chain: tenders, e-auction, associated remuneration models and framework agreements.
3. Supplier Relationship Management:
- Monitor quality of service and performance of key suppliers.
Are you interested to learn everything there is to know about Shopper Activities (packaging design, graphic chain, POS materials and promotional objects & fridges) at DANONE? Apply now and become our new Global Purchasing Intern at our office in Hoofddorp (NL) as of August 2019!
You are currently a Master student in i.e. Business Administration with majors in Procurement/ Sales/Marketing. You have great communication skills, as you have to connect with your colleagues from different countries and with suppliers, and an analytical mindset. You are able to work structured – as you need to manage multiple tasks and process at the same time - and you feel comfortable working autonomously. You are curious, pro-active and happy to work in an international environment. Furthermore you’re great with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and you are able to work within a dynamic matrix organization with robust networking skills.
There are also some compulsory requirements that you should meet:
- You are enrolled as a student during the whole duration of the internship (Please be aware that we don’t arrange work permits for non-EU students who do not study in NL);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You are available to start in August 2019 for a minimum of 6 months, full-time 5 days a week;
- You are able to work in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
About Cycles & Procurement
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what & how we source, we shape the world in which we operate & we build the future for Danone.
With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) & we take a strategic approach to Procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone. We are one team of procurement professionals worldwide working closely together with our colleagues across the company. We secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with suppliers aligned to our vision.
It’s a great momentum to gain experience in the field of procurement at Danone due to our Protein program (focused on driving smart spending). You have the chance to work with great procurement professionals in a global environment. You will learn how to create internal alignment; you will develop your stakeholder management, analytical and Excel skills.
Due to our culture, based on freedom and empowerment, Danone becomes the environment where every day can be a fresh adventure - full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn. We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Hit the “apply now” button – the sooner the better. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview with the HR recruitment team, a 2nd round interview with your future team members and a 3rd round phone conversation with your future supervising manager. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, please apply directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact: