Internship (Global Purchasing): Upstream Plastics
Would you like to get an understanding of purchasing in a global corporation? Does the chance to contribute towards the delivery of superior and sustainable growth excite you? Apply now and join us as our new Global Purchasing Intern in Hoofddorp, Netherlands, starting December 2020!
About the Job
You will add value to Danone’s vision of One Planet, One Health, by becoming part of the Global Upstream Plastic Team, contributing to the global strategy development and supporting them in seeking new sourcing opportunities at the most optimal cost within the upstream plastics category. You will get the opportunity to explore the actions that Danone is taking and collaborate with the development of purchasing solutions that adapt to our customer’s point of view in today’s world, analytically and strategically. While performing your job, you will be in constant communication with internal and external stakeholders, such as buyers and suppliers.
Your key responsibilities and projects will be:
1) Build market knowledge and identify new sourcing opportunities:
- Collect and consolidate market information on plastic resins
- Perform analyses to identify and assess trading opportunities
- Support upcoming Request For Quotation (RFQ)
2) Develop the category management activity:
- Engage with Danone Central Business Unit (CBU) to follow up on sourcing project
- Business Contingency Plan (BCP) implementation project follow up
3) Support existing Upstream Plastics activities with operational excellence:
- Price management and volume forecasts to suppliers
- Master data management
- Operational management of relationships with clients and vendors.
You are a Bachelor’s/Master’s student in Purchasing or another related field. Preferably, you are nearing the end of your studies. You are a self-starter and enthusiastic. You take initiative and are willing to share your ideas with your colleagues. You like working in a team and not afraid of stepping in to help outside of your responsibilities. You have strong communication skills and you are not afraid to engage with multiple stakeholders. Lastly, you have good knowledge of Excel and strong analytical skills.
In addition to this, please make sure you meet the following compulsory requirements:
- Enrolled as a student during the whole internship period (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- Ideally available to start in December 2020 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are fluent in English - spoken and written; French is considered as a plus but it is not essential;
- You are able to work from Hoofddorp, Netherlands if the COVID-19 situation allows us to go to the office.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
You will work in a dynamic and collaborative environment where team spirit will be strong. Your supervisors and colleagues will guide you and provide you with real challenges and responsibilities through which you will develop your skills and get the chance to learn new ones.
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
During this internship, you will work in a global team, which will allow you to have a “helicopter view” over Danone’s sourcing processes throughout multiple regions. This is a great opportunity to get a deep understanding on how a multinational corporation works from within and see how resources are secured. You will also get to work in the upstream plastics category, which represents an exciting challenge as this is being shaped to meet Danone’s mission.
We offer a gross monthly internship allowance of 450 (HBO students) or 550 (University students) euros per month and a contribution towards travel if required. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Hit the “apply now” button! You have until 29th of October 2020 to apply, however as we screen candidates on a regular basis we recommend you apply as soon as possible. The recruitment process for internships is as follows: Stage One – submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter; Stage Two – we will get to know you better through answering some questions which you will submit through video (or a written) format; Stage Three – we will invite you to an interview with your team. Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me.