Internship - Procurement Baby Food (Fruits & Vagetables)
Are you an ambitious, driven student passionate to learn more about the world of procurement? Make sure to apply now and become our Purchasing Intern in Baby Food (Fruits & Vegetables) at our office in Hoofddorp, NL!
About the Job
You will be part of the Cycles & Procurement Food Team whose conviction is that great products are an essential part of life! And to make them great, our purpose is to responsibly source the right materials (in a safe, secured & sustainable way) and to harness innovative solutions that appeal to our consumers. You will support this team in their aim is to leverage the Baby Food’s supplier’s capabilities in order to secure the Danone CBU licenses to operate and strengthen the Danone CBU competitive advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team to achieve the on time in full performance of our suppliers.
- Ensuring effective functional relationship and communication between the C&P Fruits & Vegetables Categories and the key stakeholders
- Ensuring the fundamentals of sourcing: Contracts, sustainable sourcing, managing supplier risks to ensure business continuity, avoiding crisis, driving and coordinating supply crisis resolution to limit the business loss impact.
Your key accountability will be to secure the sourcing of our ingredients in order to fulfill our business expectation by:
- Define and Co-develop together, with main stakeholders, mitigation plans on key ingredients that are exposed to non-conform quality and /or to supply shortage.
- Following-up the performance of the key ingredients with our suppliers and with our internal stakeholders (Supply Chain, Operations, R&D, Quality and Food Safety)
- Driving dispute and negotiating with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Creating and Following-up Contracts on Fruits & Vegetables
- Implementing Continuous improvement on the Supplier relationship and performance
- Supporting buyer in tenders preparation and negotiation
In addition, you will have the opportunity to be included in side projects.
You are a Bachelor/Master student in Business Engineering, Supply Chain or Procurement with strong and proven Excel skills. You have an analytical mindset with good (written) communication and presentation skills. You are self-driven and enthusiastic while not being afraid to interact and easily connect with your colleagues, nevertheless also do not mind to work independently. You have strong excel skills and analytical skills. Furthermore, you are able to act with agility, speed and pragmatism through your rigorous way of working. If you have relevant experience in FMCG, it’s a plus.
Next to the above, there are also some hard requirements you need to fulfill:
- You are enrolled as a student for the whole period of the internship (if you are a nonEU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You are available to start as of December 2019 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are willing to travel/relocate to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
Hit the “apply” button now – the sooner, the better. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact Elin Andren Eriksson via email@example.com.