Internship - Procurement Excellence
Are you ready to take on a global internship in which you connect Danoners and buyers from all over the world? Then come join us now as our Procurement Excellence Intern at our office in Hoofddorp, NL!
About the Job
The main role of the Procurement Excellence Intern is to support the Procurement Excellence Team on setting up the basics of Procurement, supporting the team with KPI reporting, animating the Regional network, coordinating Procurement Leaders activities, designing procurement training & upskill programs and participate in benchmarking activities, including Procurement Excellence and Supplier Enabled Innovations.
As part of the Procurement Excellence team, you will be involved in the following missions:
Procurement Excellence & Supplier Enabled Innovation Benchmark
Your main mission is that you will be involved in benchmarking with other companies on Procurement Excellence & Knowledge Management solutions available on the market as well as topics surrounding
Supplier Enabled Innovation:
- Procurement Excellence
- Participate in benchmarking conversations and meetings with other companies on Knowledge Management platform and market screening
- Design procurement onboarding learning program, identify stakeholders on the knowledge topics, participate on design of learning content, animate learning path at Danene e-learning platform CampusX.
- Promote platform to optimize the benefits – encourage buyers to use the tools and information available
- Stay up-to-date and advise the right stakeholders on relevant topics and upcoming events.
- Actively participate in design of regional procurement KPIs & organize reporting governance, optimize reporting process (Excel & Power BI), analyze & optimize reporting structure, propose areas of improvement.
- Supplier Enabled Innovation
- Gather insights regarding where and how new ideas for innovation and products originate
- Collaborate and share ideas with other companies
- Transform these insights into concrete ideas on how to enable an exchange of new initiatives between Danone and suppliers
- Running KPI reports
Knowledge Platform Update
In addition, you will support the updating of content on our internal Knowledge Management platform & design procurement knowledge program. The topics already identified vary from Legal, Negotiation, Finance, Sustainability, Supplier Selection and Evaluation Processes, Supplier Relationship Management, etc. For each of those, a Content Owner has been identified, who you will liaise with. Your tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate with Content Owners on the updating of their training materials;
- Advise on a governance of the platform to ensure continuity, usage and interest of the platform;
- Follow up KPIs on usage of the platform, share the information with Content Owners and the Procurement Community.
- Process improvement: any suggestions you will have on process improvements will be appreciated.
You are proactive and flexible with effective communication and stakeholder management skills and a pragmatic and solution-oriented mindset. You are not afraid to speak up & to reach out to others, but also feel confident to work autonomously. Also, you know how to handle data using Excel with your analytical mindset and you are IT-savvy. You have an affinity with project management and have the capability to detect inefficiencies to optimize and change processes.
There are also some hard requirements that you should meet:
- You are enrolled as a Bachelor/ Master student in the area of Business Administration, Communication, or Procurement (or any other related studies) for the whole period of the internship; (If you are a non-EU citizen, you must be enrolled at a Dutch university for the whole duration)
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You are available to start as of September for a minimum of 5-6 months;
Please be aware that we do not arrange work permits for non-EU students who do not study in NL
What is in it for you?
As our Procurement Excellence Intern you will have the opportunity to discover a higher view of the procurement field. By being involved with the overall processes of this function, you will gain an understanding of procurement as a whole. By finding which tools are the most efficient and leveraging the latest trends to optimize future processes you will partake in designing the future of procurement. In addition, by becoming involved in Supplier Enabled Innovation you will be a part of the triggering of mutually beneficial exchange of ideas with suppliers in order to spark innovation.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what and how we source, we shape the world in which we operate, and we build the future for Danone. With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) & we take a strategic approach to Procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone. You will work in the Procurement Excellence team, led by Elena Cortes, and you will work closely with the Cycle & Procurement Excellence Center Manager, Anastasiia Dobrovoska.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: