Internship - Procurement (Paperbased Packaging) Jan 2020
Do you have the enthusiasm and drive to become part of procurement in Danone, co-operating with European teams across ten countries with external suppliers and internal stakeholders?
About the Internship
You will be part of Danone’s procurement team responsible for procuring paper products from the carton paper wrap-around on multi-pack Activia yoghurts, to the logistics boxes used to ship Evian water worldwide, to the printed trays which the retailers use to quickly arrange our products on the shelves. The Packaging category is vital as its one of the first touch points for the customer to decide whether to purchase the product. This in turn means that the category is rapidly changing with new designs, new shapes and new products.
As our Paperbased Packaging Procurement Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the Buyers in many aspects of the day-to-day life. Your tasks are divided into three categories:
1. Portfolio Data Analysis
- Develop, maintain and analyze the team’s database detailing what we buy in order to identify projects and opportunities
- Support the Buyers in projects especially looking for opportunities to simplify what we buy.
- Bring ideas for improving the way we work and the processes we use.
- Pricing and Contracts
- Be responsible for pricing the paper packaging for new projects and for tracking the associated KPIs
- Support the Buyers in managing the signature of all supplier contracts and implementing BCP (Business Continuity Plan)
- Refresh and implement supplier governance files, preparing KPIs and attending reviews with suppliers
Next to the above, you will have the chance to help the team on ad hoc projects depending on the timing of your internship. Within this, you will support:
- Implementing projects from tenders across all divisions of Danone
- Preparation for the upcoming corrugated tender
- Innovation projects across all paper based packaging categories (compact or corrugated)
So, do you have the curiosity and eagerness to develop your procurement skills? Then we are looking for you!
You are a Bachelor/Master student in Purchasing, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement or another relevant study. You are self-driven and enthusiastic while not being afraid to interact and communicate with your colleagues (in a matrix organization), nevertheless also do not mind working independently. You have a natural curiosity with an analytical mindset as well as a strong capacity to adapt. If you have previous experience in presenting and Excel, it is a plus for you.
Next to the above, there are also some hard requirements you need to fulfill:
- You are enrolled as a student for the whole period of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You are available to start as of January 2020 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are willing to travel/relocate to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Want to discover more about Danone in the Benelux? Check it out here.
We offer you the opportunity to work in one of the biggest and well-established procurement departments in FMCG. The exposure you will gain in this field within Danone, on both a regional and a global level, will allow you to learn and gain an overall understanding of how a large scale procurement operation works. Due to our culture, based on freedom and empowerment, Danone becomes the environment where every day can be a fresh adventure - full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
This is your chance to gain experience at a leading international FMCG and become our Procurement Intern (Paper-based Packaging) as of January 2020 at our brand-new office in Hoofddorp, NL.
Hit the “apply” button now – the sooner, the better. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact Elin Andren Eriksson via email@example.com