Internship (Procurement): Professional Services Buyer
Are you looking to getting experience in sourcing for a global corporation? Do you want a great chance to develop your project management skills? Apply now and join us as our new Professional Services Buyer Intern from January 2021, in our office in Brussels, Belgium!
About the Job
You will be working closely with our Professional Services Lead Buyer Benelux and Indirect Benelux Procurement Director and you will assist the team by being involved in category management.
Next to team work, you will be also be expected to work individually as one of the objectives is also to lead interesting projects autonomously. You will have the opportunity of high visibility and exposure within the company, therein to the top management.
We are sure that you have become more curious about the tasks and responsibilities that you will have as an intern. We’ve divided them into two main areas for you:
1. Purchasing category management
- Support the Procurement Lead Benelux in building category strategy and business cases by gathering and analyzing data for different business units and various suppliers
- Participate to Procurement life cycle from leading tender to contracting & application of negotiated conditions
- Support and track the implementation of productivities initiatives for Benelux cluster
2. Project Management and Procurement excellence
- Manage and/or coordinate key projects involving internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain ongoing connection with regional and global Professional Services team to implement projects and enforce policies and guidelines
- Lead by example contract compliance and sustainability through processes and procedures
Propose and implement simplification of purchasing initiatives within the team and with stakeholders
You are a Master student in Procurement, Business, Finance, or another related field. You have a strong and proven analytical mindset, while you are rigorous to structure your work. You like to take responsibility and accountability for your projects while acting with agility, speed and pragmatism. Furthermore, you show curiosity and are also able to easily connect with people. You have strong communication skills and are not afraid to speak to multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally. Additionally, you have strong Excel skills.
Ownership and Entrepreneurship are you main strengths? We would love to work with you!
There are also some compulsory requirements:
- You are enrolled as a student during the whole internship period (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are available to start in January 2021 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are fluent in English - spoken and written;
- You are able to work from Brussels, Belgium, if the COVID-19 situation allows us to go to the office.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
You will be part of the Professional Services Category team within Cycles & Procurement, based in Brussels. Our culture is based on freedom and empowerment, this is an environment in which every day is a new adventure – full of possibilities and real excitement. This team values engagement and is in constant interaction, in and out of the work responsibilities.
Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills. The Professional Services team includes the following services for Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Travel & Vehicles, IS/IT and Facility Management. Within Global Professional Services Category, you will support the team in their mission from contributing to sourcing strategies to maximize value to the business.
- Co-building stakeholders sourcing solutions to secure reliable daily operations;
- Support continuous improvement through innovative solutions and suppliers’ performance;
- Developing access to meaningful external expertise per key function;
Deliver competitive sourcing solutions to match collaborative productivity targets.
Proactivity, empowerment, and diversity are the basis of Danone culture. You will be part of an international environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn.
During your internship, you will develop your project management skills by leading important and exciting projects for the team, and you will get to interact with multiple stakeholders, not only externally, but also internally, which is a great way to build up a network in Danone!
Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Did we just describe you? Hit the “apply now” button! As we screen candidates on a regular basis we recommend you apply as soon as possible. The recruitment process for internships is as follows: Stage One – submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter; Stage Two – we will get to know you better through answering some questions which you will submit through video (or a written) format; Stage Three – we will invite you to an interview with your team. Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me.