Internship Product Development Powder IMF
Are you passionate about product development? Do you want to have an impact on the products of a multinational and famous company? Then apply now for this internship and join us as of April 2020! You will be part of our Product Development team based in Utrecht, NL.
About the Job
During this internship you will be part of our Product & Technology Powders Team, a team based in our Research & Innovation Center in Utrecht (NL) which focuses on Infant Milk Formula (IMF) Product Development for our European factories. You will investigate the behavior of critical infant formula ingredients under different processing conditions and their impact on the final IMF powder properties. You will learn the core principles on how to design recipes, and will interact with different departments and gain experience at a global scope in a multicultural company.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Studying the impact of ingredients & process on final IMF powder properties.
- Understanding the process of recipe development and production of IMF.
- Understand the importance of the final powder properties.
- Investigate the properties of critical ingredients under different processing conditions.
- Perform pilot trials & lab scale analysis to investigate your hypothesis and obtain a proof of concept.
- Create a model that will help us understand the different process- product combinations on powder properties.
- Implementing the learnings into practical solutions and providing recommendations to the department.
- Provide recommendations based on the pilot trial outcomes to implement on a factory scale.
- Prepare a detailed report on the outcomes.
- Interact with different departments to align and drive your implementation plan.
- Present and communicate your findings to a cross-functional community.
You are a Bachelor/Master student in the area of Food Science. Knowledge or experience in the field of Dairy is considered a plus.
You have an analytical and critical mindset and like digging into data. You have an eye for detail, and are eager to understand the science behind each process and how the small changes can have a huge impact on the final product. You are proactive, have strong communication skills, and are able to work both independently and in a team.
Key criteria to be eligible for the current internship:
- You are enrolled in a university for the whole duration of the internship
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and written
- You are available as of April for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days a week
- You are willing to travel or relocate to Utrecht, The Netherlands
Danone's mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our signature One Planet One Health embodies. We also believe in creating a Gender Equal workplace and are proud to be included 2nd time in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index.
You will be part of an international working environment where every day can be a fresh adventure, full of new possibilities and opportunities to learn. You will be able to develop your skills and knowledge, and will be able to communicate with multiple different stakeholders. We offer an internship compensation plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands.
If we just described your profile, don't lose this chance! Hit the "apply now" button before the 23rd of February, 2020. The recruitment process will consist of a first telephone interview and a second in-depth interview. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our career website.