Internship - Purchasing (Food Preparation) June
Are you ready to coordinate our key European projects on Fruit Preparations and Baby Food Ingredients, focusing on Innovation & Procurement efficiency? Then make sure to apply now and become our Purchasing Intern in Fruit Preparation Europe as of June 2020 at our office in Hoofddorp, NL!
About the Job
You will be part of the Fruit Preparation Team Europe – within the Global One Direct FOOD team at Danone – responsible for driving cost efficiency, innovation, service level and sustainability with our European suppliers. We do this by supporting design to cost approach with our internal key stakeholders, improving time to market, respecting high quality standards and co-creating disruptive innovations that answer consumer’s expectations. Our culture is all about the open sourcing of ideas, transparent communication, and championing the diversity of individual thought, while working together to develop solution-oriented strategy. Do you want to join us as our next intern?
You will be working closely with our Regional Sourcing Manager (Fruit Preparation Europe & Africa) at our office in Hoofddorp (Amsterdam), NL. You will be responsible on assisting on a variety of tasks, but within a clear project-oriented scope. We are sure that you have become more curious about the tasks and responsibilities that you will have as an intern. We’ve divided them into two main areas for you:
1. Dairy – Fruit Preparation
Your support will be needed in the following tasks:
- Category Performance:
- Maintain a tool for category management, incl. volumes and prices consolidation for both fruit preparations and ingredients;
- Co-develop a catalog-based sourcing strategy to support massification on fruits, flavors and other ingredients categories within the fruit preparation category;
- Tools Management – monthly update of the tools using by the Fruit Preparation Team;
- Maintain out cost simulation tool & give trainings to people.
- Procurement execution:
- Continuous improvements on the Time to Market (T2M) and Procure to Pay (P2P) of the Fruit Preparation process – support the design phase for a new pricing tool creation.
- Sourcing Strategy:
- Follow up on the current tender of fruit Preparation in Europe;
- Continuous improvement on the Supplier relationships.
2. Early Life Nutrition - Ingredients
- You will support the ELN team on daily projects such as:
- Tender creation and contract negotiation follow up;
- Medium and long-term strategy of the category (organic/ innovation).
Throughout your internship, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact with sufficient freedom to make this difference within our category.
You are a Bachelor/Master student in Business Engineering, Supply Chain or Procurement with strong and proven Excel skills. You have an analytical mindset with good (written) communication and presentation skills. You are self-driven and enthusiastic while not being afraid to interact and easily connect with your colleagues, nevertheless also do not mind to work independently. Furthermore, you are able to act with agility, speed and pragmatism through your rigorous way of working. If you have relevant experience in FMCG, it’s a plus.
Next to the above, there are also some hard requirements you need to fulfill:
- You are enrolled as a student for the whole period of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You are available to start as of June 2020 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are willing to travel/relocate to Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Want to discover more about Danone in the Benelux? Check it out here.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
Hit the “apply” button now – the sooner, the better. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: