Internship - Purchasing - Global Professional Services
About the Job
As our new Purchasing Professional Services Intern you will work within the Global Professional Services Category, and support the team in their mission from contributing to sourcing strategies to maximize value to the business. You will be working closely with our Global Professional Services Procurement Managers and will assist the team by being involved in many projects. You will have the opportunity of high visibility and exposure within the company, therein to the top management.
Your key responsibilities & project work will be:
- Co-building stakeholders sourcing solutions to secure reliable daily operations;
- Support continuous improvement through innovative solutions and suppliers’ performance;
- Develop access to meaningful external expertise per key function;
- Deliver competitive sourcing solutions to match collaborative productivity targets.
- Project Management, e.g. support the Procurement Sourcing Managers in building category strategy and business cases with different suppliers and in coordinating with external and internal stakeholders as required
- Tender Management, e.g. manage and/or coordinate the tender process for recognizing opportunities to optimize the current process and analyzing the subsequent supplier selection process
Do you want to have a unique possibility to learn about processes and ways of working across all departments in a dynamically developing organization? Are you a logical-thinking person who can connect easily with different people?
You are a Bachelor/Master student in Business, Supply Chain or Procurement or have a profound interest in these subjects. You have a strong analytical mindset and enjoy transforming findings into useful dashboards and KPIs. You like to take responsibility and ownership for your projects and are able to act with agility, speed and pragmatism. Furthermore, you show curiosity and are a fast-learner. You describe yourself as a someone who thinks logical and your outstanding interpersonal skills allow you to efficiently communicate & connect with stakeholders.
There are also some hard requirements that you should conside
- You need to be enrolled as a student during the whole duration of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You can start as of as soon as possible for a minimum of 5 - 6 months, 4-5 days a week;
- You are able to work in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Want to discover more about Danone in the Benelux? Check it out here.
You will be part of the Professional Services Category team of 8 people within Cycles & Procurement based in Hoofddorp, NL. The culture is based on freedom and empowerment, this is an environment in which every day is a new adventure – full of possibilities and real excitement. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills. The Professional Services team includes the following services for Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Travel & Vehicles, IS/IT and Facility Management.
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what & how we source, we shape the world in which we operate & we build the future for Danone. With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) & we take a strategic approach to Procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone. We are one team of procurement professionals worldwide working closely together with our colleagues across the Company. We secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with suppliers aligned to our vision.
This young and energetic procurement team will provide you with the opportunity to discover the different areas of professional services in a fast paced environment. By tackling assignments given to you by various managers within this team, you will get to know each area on a deeper level as well as learning how they work together as a whole. In addition to your main tasks you will have the chance to work on various projects at the same time – making everyday a different experience than the last.
We offer a monthly internship allowance plus reimbursement of home-work commuting cost in the Netherlands. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.
Hit the “apply now” button – the sooner the better. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, please apply directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Elin Andren-Eriksson via firstname.lastname@example.org