Key Account Manager Retail
You have a first experience as Key Account Manager within an FMCG company and you are looking to take full accountability on a top 3 account? You want to see direct impact of your work, focusing both on strategic and operational level? You want to boost your entrepreneurial skills, feeling every day the challenge of going the extra mile? Then this opportunity might be something for you. We’re looking for a Key Account Manager to be responsible from A to Z for our Belgium TOP 3 key accounts in the commercialization of our famous water brands: Evian, Badoit & Volvic.
About the Job
As Key Account Manager, you are accountable from A to Z for a group of top 3 key accounts (retail). You develop and execute a customer strategy & business plan in line with the commercial strategy of the Danone Waters division. You report directly to the Sales Manager.
Concretely, you will bring value by…
- Developing the strategic customer (top 3) business plan in line with the commercial strategy of the company,
- Negotiating and agreeing with the customer on all elements of the plan: assortment, promotions, planogram, secondary placement, customer and shopper marketing initiatives, yearly contracts with investment levels, …
- Executing this business plan with excellence, achieving ambitious turnover and profitability objectives,
- Defending, animating and pushing your customer plans towards all internal stakeholders & departments,
- Closely monitoring, evaluating and acting upon the sales KPI’s of your customers,
- Providing full customer understanding, as you will be the customer expert,
- Setting qualitative and quantitative targets for a number of customers, in order to achieve the targeted sales objectives and expand the market and brand.
Being involved in all topics regarding your customers and field team you will be in close contact with all departments: sales (KAM, customer marketing), supply chain, finance (from order to cash) & marketing.
Our soon to be Key Account Manager is a real team player, passionate about having a positive impact on people and business. But not only…!
For this role, you have a relevant master’s degree (University or Business School) and at least 4 years of relevant sales experience, preferably in fast moving organizations. You are fluent in French and Dutch with a good knowledge of English.
Our ideal candidate also needs to:
- Have a solid first experience as a key account manager,
- Be persuasive with strong negotiation and analytical skills,
- Be a dynamic and proactive entrepreneur with the ability to lead projects effectively and not afraid to speak-up to share his/her own ideas and opinion,
- Have a strategic thinking to challenge the status quo & drive meaningful change,
- Be pragmatic and hands-on and like to operate within a lean structure, benefiting of the resources of being part of a big group,
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
You join the Danone Waters Benelux division, a SME that commercializes the brands Evian, Badoit & Volvic in the water and flavored waters market. Our mission is to bring healthy hydration to all of our stakeholders, while constantly investing in sustainable development.
At Danone Waters Benelux, we are a small, young and passionate team within a big company. We are very entrepreneurial and work in a lean organization with short reporting- and decision lines, we get excited by challenging the status-quo and we act fast. We are big fans of a culture of co-creation and working a one multi-disciplinary team. Functional experience and knowledge are important, but equally are a growth mindset, bias for action and positive attitude. You will be an integral and important member of the team that helps us to inspire people to healthier and more sustainable hydration!
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a good primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave, company car, discounts on a collective health insurance and our Danone products.
But more importantly, join a company where you can daily learn and grow. This role will give you a solid basis to continue your career in either the sales environment or towards a next role in other departments closely related to this function.
If you recognize yourself in this description, then don’t wait for this opportunity to pass by and hit the “apply now” button. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview, followed by 2 rounds of interviews in our head quarter in Brussels (Docks).
Need more information? Please contact me: